Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrific tooth ache pains! Chemist open tomorrow, Stephens?

Options
  • 26-12-2011 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Of all the days...

Christmas morning,sitting down to breakfast and it hits. Broke one of my teeth a few weeks ago playing soccer, there was a bit of pain but it was gone after a few days and I knew I needed to get the tooth pulled but Christmas is expensive and I wasn't in pain so I held off.

BOOOOM. Today, horrific pain. As in, not a moment of peace. It's 4.00am on the dot and I'm still suffering, I've taken 6 solphadines since this morning, *could only get the cold and flu ones* and I've taken 2 Dispirin and it's still here going strong. Won't take anything else 2nite as it would be too much so I guess I just gotta fight it out till 2mrw.

I crushed some full gloves down and put them in some water and then into my mouth, that gives me like 3 minute pain free breaks but cloves r nearly gone ! :(

Anyway sorry, rambling to keep myself distracted! :p Chemists open 2mrw in Galway? What is the BEST pain relief I can get over the counter until I can see a dentist sometime in the next 2-3 days ? I need sleep so badly :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm pretty sure that I heard ads about the chemist opposite the hospital/university being open today. Called University Late Night pharmacy, I think, in case you want to look up their number.

Ring your dentist's number - there's a very, very slight chance that they have an after hours arrangement.

But assuming they don't, ring your GPs number. Their answerphone will tell you what their afterhours arrangements are. See a doctor thru them, and you should be able to be prescribed some real pain killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

The pain is swelling due to inflammation.

Pain killer dont really work.

You need to treat the inflammation with antibiotics to get real relief ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cgarrad wrote: »
    The pain is swelling due to inflammation.

Pain killer dont really work.

You need to treat the inflammation with antibiotics to get real relief ;-)

Quite possibly ... (though of course we cannot diagnose here :) ) ... that's why I suggested the GP rather than just going to the pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A pharmacist will be able to tell you what to do.
    Hopefully you've been to one by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement