Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody shopping in the sales ?

Options
  • 26-12-2011 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭

Anybody going to head into sales in the next few days ? If you see any genuine bargains of decent stuff you might let us know as opposed to the stuff taken out especially for sales . I might hopefully pick up a nice suit at a good price, but might not get to town till Thursday . If you come across one in next few days you might let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

was at next sale..mental but great bargains esp on kids clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Actually if anyone spots an electric razor for a good price would ya throw it up. I'd love a really expensive one without paying the full wack.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Cheers funfair but I work in Retail and I try and live by the whole "buy local" mentality. But the ones there would be exactly the kind of thing I mean. €140 RRP DOWN to €80 kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I think Phillips have 50% off the entire range.. so most local retailers will have them on offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

the sale in Debenhams is some joke, they pumped the price of wrangler jeans up to over 90 euro and sell them in the sale for 75,
    do they think were all feckin stupit :mad:

ziedth wrote: »
    Cheers funfair but I work in Retail and I try and live by the whole "buy local" mentality. But the ones there would be exactly the kind of thing I mean. €140 RRP DOWN to €80 kinda thing.

Fair play to you with the buy local idea but sometimes, like this time ^ you have to shop using your head not your heart :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

the sale in Debenhams is some joke, they pumped the price of wrangler jeans up to over 90 euro and sell them in the sale for 75,
    do they think were all feckin stupit :mad:

I haven't been into the sales yet, but JC Originals always have a good price on the jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Anyone know if Altitude are open yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

**** all shops open today was in town and very disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

For men going to the next sale don't waste your time noting left no jean's only thing i got was a Star Wars T-shirt

i,d say there was,nt one man in there more likely just women shopping for the men

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Riverisland was a disaster!! All stuff left over from last sale was just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

Got a nice jumper in next sale at 11.30, more than half price off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I work in retail and I refuse point blank to buy anything today. The local Spar is jammers, how could you need anything after doing your Christmas shopping?

I will go to Next tomorrow, as I got a voucher for x-mas, but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Surprise surprise, very few shops in town open. A couple of places in city square open, Debenhams and Gamestop, the rest of the town basically dead. Very few bargains to be had in Debehams, couple of sale racks in Oasis with stuff you wouldn't buy in a fit, same goes for Topshop, the only perfumes they have on sale are those rubbish celebrity ones. Upstairs in the women's underwear and pj section, only really small sizes or horrible designs on sale.

Unless you have been holding out on buying certain larger items in electrical stores (I see DID and Harvey Norman have good deals on washing machines and fridges, that sort of thing) I don't think there is any need to rush out and buy last season wear.

Surprise surprise, very few shops in town open. A couple of places in city square open, Debenhams and Gamestop, the rest of the town basically dead. Very few bargains to be had in Debehams, couple of sale racks in Oasis with stuff you wouldn't buy in a fit, same goes for Topshop, the only perfumes they have on sale are those rubbish celebrity ones. Upstairs in the women's underwear and pj section, only really small sizes or horrible designs on sale.

Unless you have been holding out on buying certain larger items in electrical stores (I see DID and Harvey Norman have good deals on washing machines and fridges, that sort of thing) I don't think there is any need to rush out and buy last season wear.
    too true
    i was only interested in jack and jones sale but they weee,nt open :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

The sales in the city as my sister say "there some fkin joke like all big sizes and tops i wouldnt let nana wear "

waterford sales have been a disaster for years, its no wonder nobody comes into the city after christmas,
    everybodys heading for cork and dublin tomorrow and its the waterford retailers own feckin fault.

i mean 75 euro for a pair of wrangler jeans in a so called sale is some joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i mean 75 euro for a pair of wrangler jeans in a so called sale is some joke

Ya, mean Debenhams is a joke :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I work in retail and I refuse point blank to buy anything today. The local Spar is jammers, how could you need anything after doing your Christmas shopping?
    I wish they could give it a rest for a few days.

Just wait for the new JLC/REAs to come in. It'll probably mean the end of Sundays and Public Holidays as any sort of special day.

Who cares if its dead in town today. It Stephen's Day for feck sake.

Ya, mean Debenhams is a joke :D

exactly.
    went in there today and ran back out when i seen the prices,
    and they have the cheek to call it a sale :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Actually if anyone spots an electric razor for a good price would ya throw it up. I'd love a really expensive one without paying the full wack.

Harvey Norman are doing some great deals http://www.harveynorman.ie/philips-powertouch-electric-shaver-pt920.html

I heard some of their offers were unreal 99 euro for indesit dryers and 3D tv with 4 pairs of glasses for 399. It kinda makes sense to hold onto extra cash for Stephens day sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

It would be great if the local retailers bought into this policy also. 2 recent examples of where I tried to buy local to support local business.

1. Ordered an item in a local shop that took 2 weeks to come in and was asked for €129. I could have had the same item at my door in 48 hours from the UK for €104????

2. Ordered an item made by a local manufacturing outlet and was quoted €50 for the item (which was a Christmas present for my son, only for that I would have left it there). When I went to collect it on the collection day I was told the price was €65. When I questioned this I was simply told that they made a mistake but the price is still €65.

So if local retailers & business want us to support them, then maybe they might need to get their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joan brophy

I will go to Next tomorrow, as I got a voucher for x-mas, but that's it.

Totally agree, how did people manage years ago, shops closed much longer, we now all have fridges and freezers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Unfortunately its the same thing year in year out.. retailers complaining that people are not supporting the local shops yet they seem to go out of their way to fleece customers at every turn.

Sales are a prime example of this.. hiking the presale price and then claiming to have knocked 20% or 30% off when in reality they have barely knocked 10% off.. lying b*stards..

Due to this I now go online and do about 90% of my Xmas shopping online as I'm sick of being ripped off..

Note to retailers. If you want to get customers in your store, TREAT THEM LIKE CUSTOMERS AND WITH RESPECT NOT LIKE WALKING GOBSH*TES WITH CASH TO ROB OFF THEM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

Work in Lifestyle and we haven't raised any prices simply to reduce them again. Sales are on overstock as they are designed to be, but the reductions are pretty good!

Also got a few serious bits in Heroes! Half price-ish which is perfectly fine by me!

Can't judge all retails by Debenhams lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Slksht wrote: »
    Work in Lifestyle and we haven't raised any prices simply to reduce them again. Sales are on overstock as they are designed to be, but the reductions are pretty good!

Also got a few serious bits in Heroes! Half price-ish which is perfectly fine by me!

Can't judge all retails by Debenhams lads..

I'd say this was partially due to Debehams being one of the very few shops actually open.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

We were open, along with RI. Today was the first proper day of sale, agreed. To those in today, there were good deals to be found! Anyone expecting to walk in and find stuff on a plate is kidding themselves, as well as expecting everything in the shop to be reduced.

Depending on what ya want, there are some good items in the town lads! Judging by the amount of people in my shop today, alot of folks are in for the sales.

• Advertisement

I walked Past Gregory's on Patrick Street last night, looking in his window he has a serious sale going on... suits for €50 etc..

Worth checking out if your looking for mens wear

Advertisement