Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody shopping in the sales ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

is the shoe centre still trying to flog that pair of size 13 white moccasins they've been trotting out for sales for the last 20 years :p

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

is the sale still on in peter frances ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Don't know if I'm allowed name names but particularly annoyed to see a locally owned shoe shop in town advertising a pair of boots i saw before Christmas priced at €65 now being advertised as €75 - Sale price €60. Only saw these boots advertised at €65 the weekend before Christmas.

Great message to send out to those trying to shop locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

is the sale still on in peter frances ?

After a closing down sale every 6 weeks for 20 years they finally closed down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Mileyyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Funfair wrote: »
    I walked Past Gregory's on Patrick Street last night, looking in his window he has a serious sale going on... suits for €50 etc..

Worth checking out if your looking for mens wear

Have to say that Gregory's is always good for good suits at a great price, especially at sale time. Genuine reductions and normal sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

the sale in Debenhams is some joke, they pumped the price of wrangler jeans up to over 90 euro and sell them in the sale for 75,
    do they think were all feckin stupit :mad:

ya. Down there today especially for Wranglers. Sale me bolix. There was no one around. 20% off was the general cut. And not much choice in our little city. 1 or 2 shops.

I didn't see ONE bargain, did you?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Funfair wrote: »
    I walked Past Gregory's on Patrick Street last night, looking in his window he has a serious sale going on... suits for €50 etc..

Worth checking out if your looking for mens wear

what suit did you see for 50euro?

you may have been mistaken and seen suits for 150 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wandering around maybe looking for a new tv, most prices are more expensive since before xmas from what Ive seen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Don't know if I'm allowed name names but particularly annoyed to see a locally owned shoe shop in town advertising a pair of boots i saw before Christmas priced at €65 now being advertised as €75 - Sale price €60. Only saw these boots advertised at €65 the weekend before Christmas.

Great message to send out to those trying to shop locally.

There's a local electrical shop that's renowned for that and I've seen it myself when I was shopping for a washing machine.

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    There's a local electrical shop that's renowned for that and I've seen it myself when I was shopping for a washing machine.

name and shame please

or at least pm me the name so i dont give them my business :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

deisemum wrote: »

Theres a sports shop who are renowned for doing it all year around ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Whats with all ye mystery? Just name the shops FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I went to 3 different electrical stores on stephens day morning with the intention of buying all the electrical goods needed for a new house Im building. Had 3-4k to spend and not one person in any of the shops had any interest.

One offered us 76euro off a 2200euro rangemaster oven.
    Ended up buying nothing. will wait for one of them (or all) to close down and then buy there or else go to the UK.

Not one of the "Sales people" in any of the shops able to sell, what a joke. Just a load of dummys walking around.
    I'd sack them all if I was the owners.
    A good sales person should be able to sell you something you don't want, never mind something you do want.

Ever wonder why people won't shop in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Whats with all ye mystery? Just name the shops FFS

+1......why protect them by not naming them when there not doing us any favours??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I went to 3 different electrical stores on stephens day morning with the intention of buying all the electrical goods needed for a new house Im building. Had 3-4k to spend and not one person in any of the shops had any interest.

One offered us 76euro off a 2200euro rangemaster oven.
    Ended up buying nothing. will wait for one of them (or all) to close down and then buy there or else go to the UK.

Not one of the "Sales people" in any of the shops able to sell, what a joke. Just a load of dummys walking around.
    I'd sack them all if I was the owners.
    A good sales person should be able to sell you something you don't want, never mind something you do want.

Ever wonder why people won't shop in Waterford.

My boyfriend has this trouble before, I think he was in Soundstore or maybe Sherwoods and he walked in just ahead of a woman who looked very well to do and the sales assistant walked away from my boyfriend and over to this woman. She ended up buying earphones and my boyfriend ended up spending €2,000 in another shop on an amp and speakers.

The shoe shop I was talking about was Phelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

Altitude sale started today. Good value I
    you're in the market for that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Fitzgerald Menswear had a great sale. An absolute pleasure to shop in there. The staff were fantastic too!!

p.s. I bought a coat which was reduced from 189 to 79!!! A PROPER SALE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

furry wrote: »

Went there at 11 this morning and there was literally about 60 jammed inside there - it was nearly impossible to get near the bargains :(

Fitzgerald Menswear had a great sale. An absolute pleasure to shop in there. The staff were fantastic too!!

p.s. I bought a coat which was reduced from 189 to 79!!! A PROPER SALE!!

I can vouch for this, was suit shopping and picking up some formal shirts etc.. yesterday and the staff there are absolutely brilliant, so helpful and polite.

Breath of fresh air in fact, even when they didnt have the particular item I was looking for the gentleman who was dealing with me rang at least 4 other shops to check if they had the item in question to save me walking from shop to shop!

Would highly recommend and the sale is actually a sale!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The shoe shop I was talking about was Phelans.

I'm not surprised. They were named and shamed for tax evasion too. Just the sort of business that drives customers away from shopping locally.

www.revenue.ie/en/press/defaulters/archive/q404-2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

kryogen wrote: »
    I can vouch for this, was suit shopping and picking up some formal shirts etc.. yesterday and the staff there are absolutely brilliant, so helpful and polite.

Breath of fresh air in fact, even when they didnt have the particular item I was looking for the gentleman who was dealing with me rang at least 4 other shops to check if they had the item in question to save me walking from shop to shop!

Would highly recommend and the sale is actually a sale!

All of his shops have very good staff. Heroes in particular is my favourite shop in the town. Working next door, I know the lads in there werll and they are very helpful with whatever it is you're looking for!

Got a good whack of half-price gear in there the other day and they always remember regular customers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

jammstarr wrote: »
    Went there at 11 this morning and there was literally about 60 jammed inside there - it was nearly impossible to get near the bargains :(

Yeah, the Altitude sale is notoriously busy. Best to scope out the place the week before Christmas to see if there is anything you'd like, and then move in for the kill after Christmas.

You wouldn't go hiking in the mountains without the necessary preparation, and the same goes for the Altitude sale :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Had my eye on a dress €60 in Awear before Christmas so went in this morning and it was on sale at €27.50...

I get to the counter to pay and it was marked down to €15.00...
    Good bargain for the unemployed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

furry wrote: »

Some good bargains here today. More than 50% of north face and Colombia jackets, tops etc. Then again with a monopoly on the sale of said items I always thought the prices were a bit too steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

dayshah wrote: »
    Yeah, the Altitude sale is notoriously busy. Best to scope out the place the week before Christmas to see if there is anything you'd like, and then move in for the kill after Christmas.

You wouldn't go hiking in the mountains without the necessary preparation, and the same goes for the Altitude sale :)

I had a lovely hoody picked out on their website but not a hope of seeing it there in the madness.

I'll be better prepared next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭decies

I bought nice suit for 150 down from 290 in Gregory's Patrick street , girl nice in there , Greg in fine form. Bought casual jacket and shirts in tony Roche , staff are also nice down there, as usual boss man was his usual cheery self lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Gregory's had some nice suits alright. I was hoping for something a bit cheaper than 150 euro, maybe 100 euro but they didn't have anything for that price. They had 1 suit at 50 euro, that was it.

Most of the suits there were reduced from 200 to 150 which is not a great reduction I think. If it was 50 % across the board on all suits then that would be a pretty good sale.

Went into a few other clothes shops too. Fitzgeralds was a joke. It looked like they were closing down, windows and shelves completely bare. Prices were pretty steep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

kryogen wrote: »
    what suit did you see for 50euro?

you may have been mistaken and seen suits for 150 euro.

Seriously he had a suit in the window for €50 (Grey) I wasn't interested in a suit so wasn't really checking it over, but did notice the tag saying €50 which I thought was very good value is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I went into town this morning looking for 2 dresses for 2 nights out over the next 2 weeks and nearly lost the will to live. They have some serious crap in them shops, I've never seen it so bad!

I got one dress in the shop next to warehouse in shaws(can't remember what its called) and that was in the sale and they actually had some lovely stuff, But im gona have to go elsewhere to get another dress :(

Advertisement