Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stephens day sales,what stores are open?

Options
  • 26-12-2011 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

thinkin of headin into town around 11 to see if i can get any bargains,just wondrring what kind of shops will be open

will h&m . river island. next . arnotts, pennys , jack and jones, berksha , pull and bear , unique and these type of stores be open today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

i would also find the answer to this question very usefull.
    i would also like to hear what resturants are open;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can anybody tell me what time Google opens today? Yellow Pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

You know whats on sale is just the crap they can't shift at full price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

CyberJuice wrote: »
    thinkin of headin into town around 11 to see if i can get any bargains,just wondrring what kind of shops will be open

will h&m . river island. next . arnotts, pennys , jack and jones, berksha , pull and bear , unique and these type of stores be open today?

I believe the day is a called St Stephens Day. if you do like like the religious connotation associated with the day why not just call it Boxing Day.

I really wonder at people who shop till they drop Christmas Eve and reconvene on the 26th. I mean what do you do will all the stuff you buy?
    how much clothes does any one person need or is last seasons wardrobe given to charity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

dan1895 wrote: »
    You know whats on sale is just the crap they can't shift at full price?

i notice in some shops it seems to be exactly the same stock year in year out, suggesting hat they have items that they just bring out for the sale.
    there was a time when people slept outside the shop, hoping to be the first to get the bargain.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

jaysis, seriously??

i mean you are that desperate for a jumper, that wont fit you and is 2 years out of date, you could just look at ebay and you wouldnt have to leave your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

Are pubs open and closing early??

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

well i went in anyways,got some nice items, jeans reduced from 50 to 30, t shirts reduced from 25 to 10 and 15 as well as some hoodies reduced from 40 and 50 to 20 and 25..

they were this years stock as i was lookin at alot of the stuff about 4 weeks ago wen i was buying christmas presents.. i dont see why there is negativity here,if someone wants to go shopping during a sale you shouldnt begrudge them

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

pubs will be open to 12.30 i expect...they usually are on st stephen's night, like a bank hol sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Heard that there were near riots at Blanch SC this morning as upwards of 1,000 people queued to get in at 6am. Can't confirm it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Ah no ones begrudging. If you got a few items you like with a nice discount then fair dues. I gave up on the sales a while ago because i was either seeing nothing i liked or buying crap i didn't need.

If what was said about Blanch is true, those people are morons and I'm sure they would of dragged their poor kids in with them too. Anything for a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 PerryRoko

I presume today doesn't count as a bank holiday for on street parking purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

PerryRoko wrote: »
    I presume today doesn't count as a bank holiday for on street parking purposes?
    I think it does and wait to be stood corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

From what I can see, its half-price parking till the 8th.

Just checked on the website, they only count the 25th and 26th
    New Year’s Day 1st January
    St. Patrick’s Day 17th March
    Easter Sunday Variable
    Easter Monday Variable
    May Public Holiday First Monday in May
    June Public holiday First Monday in June
    August Public holiday First Monday in August
    October Public Holiday Last Monday in October
    Christmas Day 25th December
    St. Stephen’s Day 26th December.

Advertisement