Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wren??

Options
  • 26-12-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Who's comin' out?? There's bobs to be made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mickoregan

Man, that's surprising!!
    A dying breed obviously.
    :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

not in Dingle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Seriously? They don't actually still catch wrens do they?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

They don't catch the wren anymore but groups dress up and go from place to place collecting money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Yup, we had the gang on St. Stephens's day :)

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Yup, we had the gang on St. Stephens's day :)

In Cork I presume? Proper costumes and stuff or just a few kids looking for a few cents?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

North Cork - full costumes, instruments and craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

We had 4 lots rounds... youngsters. All in fancy dress and sang a full song.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mickoregan

Massive. Nice to know the tradition still holds.
    There's actually an excellent article in this years Holly Bough, written by Jimmy Crowley, on the Wren tradition.

mickoregan wrote: »
    Massive. Nice to know the tradition still holds.
    There's actually an excellent article in this years Holly Bough, written by Jimmy Crowley, on the Wren tradition.

Look forward to reading it. I generally get the HB via my mother in, like, April :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement