Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with boss and holidays

Options
  • 26-12-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am having issues with my managers manager. He is clearly out to get me. So much so that my manager has mentioned the fact to me on numerous occasions. He continually takes little jabs and I feel as though he is trying to manage me out. It has been like this for over a year now. That's one issue. All I can really do is keep a diary of events...any other suggestions?

As of the end of this year with bank holidays I have 25 days holiday left to take. I earn 25 a year. This year I have take just under 20. Is there any way I can get them to give me the holidays I am due? I have asked for holiday days and I am continually refused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you tried job-hunting? You may not want to change, but sometimes it's the most pragmatic approach. If you leave, they will need to pay you out any un-used leave.

Other than that, get them to give you a written decline of leave applications. Sometimes they'll say "no" verbally but not on paper.

Advertisement