Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you dance?

2»

Comments

Grobbelaar wrote: »
    ha ha Rolling the dance and running man...nice!! :D

You should see me when I rock out the "I'm a pirate and standing on hot coals" dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I can dance if I want to
    Leave my friends behind
    Cos if I wanna dance, and my friends don't dance
    Then they're no friends of mine

Any excuse to post this:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

My dance moves are legendary
    I taught this guy everything he knows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me8_43AJUbU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I dance with the grace of a rhino on crack. Given enough drink, I'll do it anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I've actually never tried to :p or does moshing count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

You don't have to dance well to enjoy dancing...
    I like to dance.
    Can I dance?
    I'm told that I can but I'm pretty sure I look like a twat...
    I don't care at all untill I spot people watching or paying attention...
    Then I generally become very self conscious and that can ruin a night.
    One night I turned around and there was a guy filming me.
    More than a few times I've turned round and found people copying me, in a taking the piss kind of way (so I imagine I must look like a spaz)...
    Maybe I'm paranoid.

Still are we human?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

kiffer wrote: »
    You don't have to dance well to enjoy dancing...

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I can shake my booty with the best of them. That's about all I can do. Well, that and the vertical push up. Can't go wrong with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Depends.. I associate music like toys. there's girls n boys toys. There are tomboys and girlymen. Girls toys are very much the essence of these times and unwitting 'men' are consumed by it. Rock is dead. Singing and dancing is for girls first n foremost and the music deliberately made for such is by veritable girls, via girls toys. we are the grafters, the music makers. We are instrumental. We are the plague that makes your booty move

/you might get an involuntary jerk out of me. Don't any gays go quoting me now

• Advertisement

I can two-step like a mutha-f***er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Im not the worst..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

No, but I don't think it's a problem really. You can use it to your advantage. Last week, I said "will you teach me how to dance?" to some middle aged women and ended up getting with her.

I refuse to believe any white male can actually dance naturally. Some think they can, but pointing at the ceiling then back at the floor a lot doesn't constitute dancing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

brummytom wrote: »
    I refuse to believe any white male can actually dance naturally. Some think they can, but pointing at the ceiling then back at the floor a lot doesn't constitute dancing

Dice Roll baby, one move and you are good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ok this might be a bit sexist, But I feel girls are usually way better dancers than lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

Yeah. I can dance no problem. I didnt know this till i was 21 though.

Got high on pills a few times out with friends, ended up loving dancing so much that Its one of my favourite activities. I now do it both booze and drug free.

Anyone who cant dance just needs to drink a little more or take something else, After a few times, you realise your fine and nobody is laughing. heck it pulls alot easier than talking too. just remember to transition AWAY from crutch!

Girls love it when a guy can dance, and It makes for a much more fun time when your out in a club than standing around like a pounce with a drink up to your chest like your hiding from a girl.

Dont take dancing seriously, its a big piss take and if your not laughing from time to time when doing it, then its not worth your time doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I both agree and disagree with you theTinker. I don't love it if a guy can dance. in fact it's so rare, that I would find it unusual if a guy could dance.

but I do agree that it should be about fun. i mean who cares if you make a tit of yourself, just loosen up and do what you feel like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

kiffer wrote: »
    I'm told that I can but I'm pretty sure I look like a twat...
    I don't care at all untill I spot people watching or paying attention...
    Then I generally become very self conscious and that can ruin a night.
    One night I turned around and there was a guy filming me.
    More than a few times I've turned round and found people copying me, in a taking the piss kind of way (so I imagine I must look like a spaz)...
    Maybe I'm paranoid.

Still are we human?

That piss taking stuff wrecks my head. I dont even let my friends remark on others dancing unless they're giving it thier all also!

If people start watching, you either look entertaining, good, or they're impressed. Either way, t!urn your back to them and ya forget them soon enough!
    I had someone do the piss take thing before to me, I walked up and danced with him, he was quite shocked, after a few seconds of trying to copy leg work, he failed quickly, and after a quick "you should really dance with that girl your talking to rather than looking at another guy dance". He went back to standing with his pint.
    Its pretty sad when someone has no other means to look good than trying to make someone else look bad. Its just so desperate. Its nice when chicks get to thier late 20's and ignore these guys. It tends to teach them some manners.

Glad you enjoy the beats and moves! :D You sound like just the type of person I'd actually consider a good dancer, because you enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deveras

Finally I found a dancing thread! :D I kept on searching all the "Sports" topics - without any success.

In general, I consider myself to be a relatively good dancer: I'm doing ballroom dancing since 6 years and I love it! My favourite dance is Jive! Anyone out there in Ireland who shares my passion? ;)

Nevertheless, my "disco-dance-moves" are awful :D I definitely agree to some previous comments: white men like me are not able to compete with black ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Online01

Swing dance is a cool dance to learn - no memorising patterns etc - its all lead and follow and improvisation.

Check out www.swingoutcork.com for general info (not a commercial website)

There are some great you tube videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJj0mNNe1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jf_AIasUuc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

My dance moves are legendary
    I taught this guy everything he knows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me8_43AJUbU

dem be some fierce sexy moves!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I can dance….. I think.

When I was a kid I used to love the dances (Prodigy step etc)

I am able to Bachata, Salsa and a little bit of breakdancing (6 step) now.

The current missus is Bolivian and lives for dancing so had to take an interest.

My fav dancing is just to pop music like Usher, Justin Timberlake and Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

7 years of ballet, 3 years of Irish dancing. ****ing right I can dance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

15 years of ballet. Giving up was definitely the thickest thing I've ever done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I inherited the rhythm from my Latino side. I can dance well but I don't like dancing and rarely do so. Except for maybe when back in the States. Being a good dancer is almost a necessity to get the best looking college girls while out in clubs.

Twee. wrote: »
    15 years of ballet. Giving up was definitely the thickest thing I've ever done.
    never too late to take it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 garyc1987

cant beat a good novelty dance.....still cant do them....

but i only "dance" when ossified so theres hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I do try, but usually end up looking a bit like this :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

never too late to take it back up.

I did a term last year, but found the beginners far too easy and while I knew the terminology etc for the intermediate, I couldn't keep up physically! Maybe when college is over in May I'll take another class. Really, REALLY want to!

All ballet left me with was good posture and a dodgy knee :D

Still love it though, I'm writing my final year case study on classical ballet in Ireland.

Twee. wrote: »
    I did a term last year, but found the beginners far too easy and while I knew the terminology etc for the intermediate, I couldn't keep up physically! Maybe when college is over in May I'll take another class. Really, REALLY want to!

All ballet left me with was good posture and a dodgy knee :D

Still love it though, I'm writing my final year case study on classical ballet in Ireland.
    Go for it. That's not something you want regret later on in life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Best dancer in the world when I'm doing a fleeting impression of a gay boyband member. Disco's bigger than ever isn't it .. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No not really, I just wave my hands above my head and shake about, awful really.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sarahjaney

Oh yeah, I can dance. Always loved dancing in the disco, bumper to bumper:)
    Started salsa several years ago and loved it. Have done lindyhop and swing hoping to start again soon. Currently ballroom dancing really enjoying would love to have a regular dance partner but never mind.
    It's just great to let go and enjoy the freedom of your body even if you look a little silly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I AM CHRIS BROWN

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No I watched a friends video of myself dancing drunk at a new years eve party and vowed I'd never subject the world to that sight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

I can't dance, I can't talk
    Only thing about me is the way I walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Woodsocks

Only if Joe Pesci tells me to.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Okay Ah'ers another survey type question for y'all.

As the title says - can you dance?

Yes.
    For example, I was lucky enough to be in a dance group called "All In One Productions" at one stage.
    There alone I received professional training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I can but everytime I do it rains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yes, Indeed I can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

44leto wrote: »
    I can but everytime I do it rains.

Stop BLOODY dancing ya bugger. Its all your fault this rain! :mad:

Someone tie him down! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I can dance especially whilst singing in front of the mirror with a hairbrush in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I can only dance when no-one else is around to see :P

When I'm out, I find I don't quite know what to do with my arms! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

no and i feel uncomfortable doing it unless im hammered but i compensate by acting the clown doing this stupid thing with my knees. like the chicken dance on smack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No, I can't dance, I can't talk. Only thing about me is the way I walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

Can’t dance, shouldn’t dance. But I always seem to completely forget this in a darkened club, music pumping, all of a sudden I think I’m beyonce. Ah well, I enjoy myself and provide entertainment. Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

I learned all my sweet moves from John Hughes movies. If the dance scene in the Breakfast club was acted out by a cast of Manatees, that's how I look on a night out. People have gotten injured....

Advertisement