Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mass effect 2

Options
  • 26-12-2011 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

i got mass effect 2 in the steam sale and i was just wondering is there dlc for it or is it like the ps3 version which comes with the dlc? also is the arrival dlc on it too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

AFAIK you've just gotten the normal version from Steam unless you picked the specific version there with the extra DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

i was wondering because when i search steam for mass effect it doesnt show any dlc to download

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

You'll probably have to head over to social.bioware and register your game then buy the DLC from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

You'll probably have to head over to social.bioware and register your game then buy the DLC from them.

oh right, cool thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

noobacus wrote: »
    i got mass effect 2 in the steam sale and i was just wondering is there dlc for it or is it like the ps3 version which comes with the dlc? also is the arrival dlc on it too?
    You'll get the link from ingame when it asks you to log in to the network (not steam but EA).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw the thread title and just had to say "Best Game 2011" PS3 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Saw the thread title and just had to say "Best Game 2011" PS3 anyway.

By the time I finish the game I'm probably going to agree with this. Got it the other day in Game for only €15 and it's such value for money! Quite addictive I must admit, and the storyline and background to each character is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

ME1 is a much better RPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Spunge wrote: »

But a far worse game, so you actually did better out of buying ME2.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But a far worse game,
    In your opinion. Got bored with ME2 and it's little episodic "level complete!" type summary crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Overheal wrote: »
    In your opinion. Got bored with ME2 and it's little episodic "level complete!" type summary crap.
    I can only agree with this honestly; I found ME2 worse then ME1. Between the changes in weapon (unlimited vs. clips of same type for every weapon), dealing with planets (buying probes vs. driving around finding things by yourself), spawning (unlimited in ME2 until you hit a magical point with fixed spawn in ME1) and general openness (see main station area in ME1 vs. ME2) of the game I much prefer ME1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

yeah, i absolutely loved ME1, one of my favourite games of the decade, couldnt put it down. But i quit ME2 after around the 3rd planet. Rounding up crew members just seemed so boring. And there was too much corridor shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Spunge wrote: »

Agreed but ME2 has a good story so it's made up for in that and other areas..

I forgot about the probing. Miss running around in the Mako. Whoever thought sitting in a menu and listening to the same computer voice drone on was more fun than driving around in a semi-flying car with a cannon on it has got to get their head back on.

I forgot about the probing. Miss running around in the Mako. Whoever thought sitting in a menu and listening to the same computer voice drone on was more fun than driving around in a semi-flying car with a cannon on it has got to get their head back on.
    I fully agree, nothing more fun then trying to see how ridiculous jumps you can make to places you should not go (I jumped over more ridges/lines to my death then any sane person did cackling like a mad man every time).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ME1 may have been a better RPG, but it wasn't a very good Rpg. two was streamlined for the better in terms of story and gameplay. Not forgiving the planet digging though. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only played the bare minimum of ME1 to get through it to the end, had no interest in the side missions. As for ME 2, did absolutely everything there was to do in it. Only missing one trophy, complete on insanity. I plan on doing it some day tho. Roll on ME 3!

In your opinion.

Really? Holy fucking wow!
    I am stunned by your mastery of the bloody obvious.

Really? Holy fucking wow!
    I am stunned by your mastery of the bloody obvious.
    Let me guess, :o someone stole your sweetroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

As shit as probing was, nothing brought me greater delight than seeing that pos Mako buried in ME2. That thing was in no way suited to the fucked-up planets they created for it.

I've said this before in the other ME thread but here it is again; ME1 has the better story mainly because ME2 has no story. ME2 has the better combat and gameplay though. I wouldn't rate either as an RPG though so I don't think of them as such.

• Advertisement

Let me guess, :o someone stole your sweetroll?

yeah, good guess there kid.

Advertisement