Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Halen Tour 2012

Options
  • 26-12-2011 2:05pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Post-Christmas blues? Here's some news that should raise your spirits, Van Halen have today announced they WILL be touring in 2012! The first batch of dates/tickets are to go onsale on 10th January 2012.

The band's official Facebook Page revealed the news, along with a mass email to fans, directing fans to the band's official YouTube page to check out a "teaser video" announcing the tour.

The teaser sees Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen, along with the returning David Lee Roth, partying on-stage, rehearsing, playing their instruments while recorded versions of classic tracks such as 'Jump,’ ‘Panama’ and ‘Hot for Teacher’ play in the background.

Check out the tour trailer below...

There is no mention of the anticipated new album, nor do we hear any new material from the band, so it seems Van Halen are still remaining tight-lipped on details and are dealing out the good news bit-by-bit...perhaps a new track will emerge soon?

No dates or venues for the 2012 tour have been confirmed as yet, however, Stereoboard will be keeping a close eye on Van Halen developments and posting news on dates and venues as soon as they are officially confirmed by the band.

Now, back to those Turkey sandwiches...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Phoenix Park maybe????

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    Phoenix Park maybe????

Id cream my pants ha . Maybe they will do Sonisphere also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Marquee in Cork? I live about 1km away from it. Everyone can stay in my place!!

They have never played in Ireland before.

If Van Halen do play a gig here it will be sure to sell well, reminds me of KISS playing the O2 and all the old Irish fans who waited 35 years to see them come here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Didn't that Kiss gig sell poorly though? I would imagine a january 10th announcement means Van Halen playing Sonisphere though :(

• Advertisement

Didn't that Kiss gig sell poorly though? I would imagine a january 10th announcement means Van Halen playing Sonisphere though :(

It didnt sell out but still had a respectable crowd size and the fact tickets were cheap enough €45ish???? really helped . Id say maybe 9000-10,000 (obviously could be wrong) I was afraid there would be no one there but decent size crowd.

I think if Van Halen do play id say they would rather throw them in the O2 just incase at least if it doesnt sell out they will still get a decent size crowd . Id think it might be a bit risky putting them in Pheonix Park (unless they announced a stellar support bill). Kinda like when Def Leppard played here during the summer with Alice Cooper and Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Van Halen with support from Poison and The Darkness. The O2 and The oddessy Belfast. That would be a killer line up.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Van Halen with support from Poison and The Darkness. The O2 and The oddessy Belfast. That would be a killer line up.

That would be EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Possible release date.

0C0818F26CD1462BB7B08A150D2125FC-0000336305-0002682082-00430L-BBCBD6B786394199AF0FBD5F076D22BB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I think Van Halen's fee would be more than Kiss's ... hence I don't think the O2 would be big enough to turn a profit. Hope Im wrong but I can't see them playing Ireland :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saw the original band in 1984 at Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock, I remember someone threw a loaf of bread which hit Dave Lee Roth in the head and he shouted into the mike "Do that again and Ill come down there and fcuk your girlfriend."

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

rednik wrote: »
    Possible release date.

0C0818F26CD1462BB7B08A150D2125FC-0000336305-0002682082-00430L-BBCBD6B786394199AF0FBD5F076D22BB.jpg

Are they going to release black ice :confused:

Are they going to release black ice :confused:

Don't be so silly, that's already been released. This Black Ice II.;);)

A mate txt'd me out of the blue yesterday to say a DJ on 2FM (not sure who) mentioned Van Halen in the O2 in June :eek:

Although maybe the DJ was just reading boards :pac:

Oh yes because boards is the best place to look for source information regarding a band's future tour plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oh well, what can you do:)

Well Rush finally played here so why not Van Halen? Latest news :

January 3rd : Concert dates and Cities announced ( first wave )

January 10th : First single premiere, First music video premiere, concert tkts go on sale.

Feb 7th : New album release date.

:):):):):):):)

Kiss and Rush were 2 acts I never thought Id see play Ireland so you never know ............ BUT Van Halen have a poor record of touring Europe, nevermind Ireland, so unless they're in some serious need of bumping up the Pension fund I can't see there being an extensive European leg of their tour - maybe some big payday festival appearances.

*crosses fingers that Im wrong*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I don't get why people are getting so hyped up about a Van Halen reunion/gigs.

They're far from there best, have a teenager replacing Michael Anthony and how some of Hagar era songs are gonna transfer live wit DLR i really don't know.

Sure they'll be good but i'm not over enthused

If it was the O2 and similarly priced as Kiss (€50) Id be interested just to see Eddie and Alex ... DLR will be as ropey as flurk - thats a given.

I think their treatment of Michael Anthony is sh!t which also sways me towards not supporting them , but I reckon it's outweighed by the fact that I'll probably never get another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

scudzilla wrote: »

They're far from there best, have a teenager replacing Michael Anthony and how some of Hagar era songs are gonna transfer live wit DLR i really don't know.

They did an arena tour in the US a few years back with this line-up. They don't play any Hager era songs, it's strictly tunes from the DLR albums.

As for the whole Michael Anthony situation, I agree its sh*t that he's not part of it. We'll just havta settle for the teenager, oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lc180 wrote: »
    They did an arena tour in the US a few years back with this line-up. They don't play any Hager era songs, it's strictly tunes from the DLR albums.

As for the whole Michael Anthony situation, I agree its sh*t that he's not part of it. We'll just havta settle for the teenager, oh well!

None at all!!! :eek::eek:

I didn't know that, The Hagar era was a great time for Van Halen so how they can just erase it and forget about it fcuk alone knows.

scudzilla wrote: »
    None at all!!! :eek::eek:

I didn't know that, The Hagar era was a great time for Van Halen so how they can just erase it and forget about it fcuk alone knows.

EGO? I could see DLR not wanting to do anything that he wasnt apart of .

Yea if you look at Kiss -2010 , Rush -2011 and Van Halen- 2012????

• Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its possible theres plenty of dates avaible in the o2 in June. It will probly be a date clashing with Euro 2012 tho.

Would a show at the Marquee in Cork be a possibilty

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its possible theres plenty of dates avaible in the o2 in June. It will probly be a date clashing with Euro 2012 tho.

Would a show at the Marquee in Cork be a possibilty

If (a very big IF) they play here it will be one concert and one only.

rednik wrote: »
    If (a very big IF) they play here it will be one concert and one only.

Yea i can see it only being date so id say whoever gets them either MCD/Aiken they will be put in the O2

Yea i can see it only being date so id say whoever gets them either MCD/Aiken they will be put in the O2

I hope so, getting too old for this outdoor lark.:D

• Advertisement

What about

Van Halen With Special Guests
    Steel Panther & Black Stone Cherry

Advertisement