Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Halen Tour 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

What about

Van Halen With Special Guests
    Steel Panther & Black Stone Cherry

I can totally see Steel Panther on the bill. They toured with Motley Crue & Def Leppard in the UK lately but it never came here.

And they have a European tour lined up for March & April but no dates for Dublin yet.

Already on my list of bands I really wanna see!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    I can totally see Steel Panther on the bill. They toured with Motley Crue & Def Leppard in the UK lately but it never came here.

And they have a European tour lined up for March & April but no dates for Dublin yet.

Already on my list of bands I really wanna see!

Yea same , ive been dying to see them for ages now . Would love if they added a Irish date on the UK tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    None at all!!! :eek::eek:

I didn't know that, The Hagar era was a great time for Van Halen so how they can just erase it and forget about it fcuk alone knows.

I don't know Scud - much as I like Hagar era VH I could have done without his reworkings of some of the DLR era songs - I just thought they were poor, now the stuff he did with them is a completely different matter........look the bands been a mess all the way through, and I know Dave used to get a lot of the heat for that but lets be honest Eddie has been the main problem - what they did to Michael Anthony was a disgrace, but it's always been the family's band at the end of the day so if he wanted to put his son in he was going to do it at some stage........

either way if it happens and I can get to it I'll go, I enjoyed DLR last time I saw him, ropey in places alright, but he's still got large buckets of charisma, and a cheesy smile that just warms the heart.........to have him there singing Panama with the VH boys behind him is another one off the bucketlist....could be another cracking year gig wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We will find out tomorrow if there is a Dublin Date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We will find out tomorrow if there is a Dublin Date

We will?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

karaokeman wrote: »
    We will?

Yeah, Tour announcement tomorrow, tickets on sale on the 10th

Wonder will they announce all dates in one? Or do it in installments
    Van Halen will release their first album since '1984' to feature original singer David Lee Roth, on February 7th with a single and video slated to premiere on January 10th.

1oMh6j.St.81.jpg

The more i think about it and the more i look at Van Halens past World tours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Halen_concert_tours)

An Irish date looks very unlikly because the band simply doesent do large European Tours. the following is an example of Van Halen European dates On world tours.

Right Here Right Now Tour in 1993- 18 European Shows were played
    The Balance Ambulance Tour in 1995- 20 European Shows (16 Shows Opening for Bon Jovi)
    III Tour in 1998- 4 Dates (3 in Germany and 1 in Finland (Of all places)

Unless there going to do a huge world tour in 2012 than an Irish Date is very unlikly

The more i think about it and the more i look at Van Halens past World tours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Halen_concert_tours)

An Irish date looks very unlikly because the band simply doesent do large European Tours. the following is an example of Van Halen European dates On world tours.

Right Here Right Now Tour in 1993- 18 European Shows were played
    The Balance Ambulance Tour in 1995- 20 European Shows (16 Shows Opening for Bon Jovi)
    III Tour in 1998- 4 Dates (3 in Germany and 1 in Finland (Of all places)

Unless there going to do a huge world tour in 2012 than an Irish Date is very unlikly

But think about bands like Rush who never played Ireland till this year , and Kiss in 2010 who had'nt played Ireland in years . Never say never

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

The band announcement states the first wave of dates on 03rd Jan, so these maybe dates for the US leg, we will know tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Van Halen will play a 45 minute set at a venue in New York this Thursday evening. Journalists across New York have been invited to the 250 seat venue. (Cafe)

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/van-halen-to-play-small-new-york-gig/#more-46693

The first single is "Tattoo" released next week and the tour starts on Feb 18th in Louisville, Kentucky. Tour dates will be announced very soon.

rednik wrote: »
    The first single is "Tattoo" released next week and the tour starts on Feb 18th in Louisville, Kentucky. Tour dates will be announced very soon.
    id imagine they will hit europe for festival season in june and july. Can see them headling Sonisphere because Download is full

Looks like this fiasco is gettin worse, dates were due to be announced on 3rd wit tickets on sale on 10th, nothing's been announced yet

Looks like this fiasco is gettin worse, dates were due to be announced on 3rd wit tickets on sale on 10th, nothing's been announced yet

It's like being drip fed. Might hear news tonight during the show in New York.

The new album is called, " A different kind of truth". So Diamond Dave says. A couple of dates for MSG in New York.

http://youtu.be/ihtVjVT6mL0

Here is a link to tonight's show in New York, not sure what time they are due on.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cafewhanyc

Van Halen have announced details of their eagerly awaited North American tour.

Sat 02/18/12 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
    Mon 02/20/12 Auburn Hills, MI The Palace Of Auburn Hills
    Wed 02/22/12 Indianapolis, IN Bankers Life Fieldhouse
    Fri 02/24/12 Chicago, IL United Center
    Tue 02/28/12 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
    Thu 03/01/12 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
    Sat 03/03/12 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
    Mon 03/05/12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
    Fri 03/09/12 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center
    Sun 03/11/12 Boston, MA TD Garden
    Thu 03/15/12 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
    Sat 03/17/12 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    Wed 03/21/12 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place
    Sat 03/24/12 Atlantic City, NJ Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall
    Wed 03/28/12 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    Fri 03/30/12 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
    Sun 04/01/12 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
    Tue 04/10/12 Sunrise, FL BankAtlantic Center
    Thu 04/12/12 Tampa, FL Tampa Bay Times Forum
    Sat 04/14/12 Orlando, FL Amway Center
    Mon 04/16/12 Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Veterans Mem. Arena
    Thu 04/19/12 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
    Sat 04/21/12 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum Complex
    Wed 04/25/12 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
    Fri 04/27/12 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
    Tue 05/01/12 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
    Sat 05/05/12 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
    Mon 05/07/12 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
    Wed 05/09/12 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
    Fri 05/11/12 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
    Thu 05/17/12 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
    Sat 05/19/12 Saint Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
    Tue 05/22/12 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
    Thu 05/24/12 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
    Sun 05/27/12 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena
    Fri 06/01/12 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
    Sun 06/03/12 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
    Tue 06/05/12 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose
    Tue 06/12/12 Anaheim, CA Honda Center
    Thu 06/14/12 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
    Sat 06/16/12 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center
    Wed 06/20/12 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
    Fri 06/22/12 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
    Sun 06/24/12 Houston, TX Toyota Center
    Tue 06/26/12 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

That's an interesting schedule, no dates on consecutive nights and most of the time there's a 3/4/5 day break in between gigs.

Wonder if that's because they can't take a rigorous schedule or planning on slotting in extra dates for Sold out areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's an interesting schedule, no dates on consecutive nights and most of the time there's a 3/4/5 day break in between gigs.

Wonder if that's because they can't take a rigorous schedule or planning on slotting in extra dates for Sold out areas.

Bit of both really. At a glance it seems extensive. Cant even imagine them in Europe too soon after that.

• Advertisement

http://www.strictlyfestivals.com/download-festival/van-halen-cancel-download-festival-2012/

So according to this No European Dates for 2012.

F**K them if they want to be Vintage American lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

http://www.strictlyfestivals.com/download-festival/van-halen-cancel-download-festival-2012/

Thats absurd.

They didn't even announce the tour dates and they were cancelled.

That was posted in October . Although i still wouldnt be surprised if they skipped Europe

It's a wait and see game when the 2nd wave of dates are announced, but at the moment I am not that optimistic of any European dates. The new single "Tattoo" is available from tomorrow. I reckon I will have to go to the States.

I don't know Rednik - I still they they'll be headlining Sonisphere.......def not on the Download bill unless something has changed with the Tony Iommi illness & Sabbath, but he said last week he would love to book them but they were being such dicks about the whole thing it just wasn't worth the hassle.......

Sonisphere haven't announced any headliners yet and there's not all that many Headline size bands touring from what we know next year.....July would sit in nicely after the US dates too.....

listened to the Tattoo song a couple of times this morning and it's not all that bad.....

Nibbs to be honest I want to see them tour Europe with a few dates outside of the festival scene although as you have said their reps are probably looking for ridiculous amounts of cash. There is a hole in the itinerary in June but hopefully that's just a breather and then they continue in the US before heading overseas. I want an indoor venue but this will be impossible unless promoters can lessen the band's demands and make such shows viable. The second wave in the US is looking like what I will opt for as I have waited since the late 70s to see them.

The single is a decent offering but I am expecting a lot more from the album. There has been so many rumours about the recording of the album, I hope Ross Hogarth is right in what he said, but then again he would make positive comments after all he produced it.

There's been a tendency for a lot of reunion bands to come out really strong with the lead off song, then have disappointing album, so I'm really hoping as you posted that there's more to come from the album - I'm with you on the issues with Euro shows and on the fact that I'd want to see them indoors somewhere......have a mate trying to get Boston tickets tomorrow as he'll be there when they play, jammy git.........we can but pray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Any news on a European tour? The new album is unreal.

Ron the US dates up to June are the only dates released, not a sniff of any more yet.

• Advertisement

They are concentrating on the US - no Euro dates are on the cards at the minute......

Advertisement