Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Halen Tour 2012

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AaronPunk

I'd go see them if they brought Kool & the Gang like they're doing in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

When the charts are announced today the new album will debut at No 2 with sales of around 188,000. Poor old Dave is yet to have a No 1 album in the States. Adele is still No 1 and back in the day Michael Jackson's Thriller held off 1984 making it to the top spot. Album should chart well in the UK, still keeping fingers crossed for some dates in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

They would need to announce European dates fairly soon if they intend touring here in the autumn. Doubt it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im gonna be pessimistic and say they'll struggle through the committed US shows before collapsing over the finishing line and imploding. Reigniting the Roth V's Van Halen.

Ray I am going to be the optimist and say they will play Europe this year. The US tour starts tomorrow night in Kentucky. But I have decided if they don't and announce further dates in the States well I must go, I must ;);). Fan since the '70s and I swore I would go.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Van Halen kicked off their 2012 reunion tour yesterday (February 18th) in Louisville, KY and played the following set:

You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover)
    Runnin' With the Devil
    She's The Woman
    Romeo Delight
    Tattoo
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    China Town
    Mean Street
    Oh, Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison cover)
    Drum Solo
    Unchained
    The Trouble with Never
    I'll Wait
    Dance The Night Away
    Hot For Teacher
    Women In Love
    Outta Love Again
    Beautiful Girls
    Ice Cream Man (John Brim cover)
    Panama
    Guitar Solo
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Jump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

rednik wrote: »
    When the charts are announced today the new album will debut at No 2 with sales of around 188,000. Poor old Dave is yet to have a No 1 album in the States. Adele is still No 1 and back in the day Michael Jackson's Thriller held off 1984 making it to the top spot. Album should chart well in the UK, still keeping fingers crossed for some dates in Europe.

Just bad luck again rednik - Adele's sales jumped 102% with the Grammy's......still 188k is a healthy amount for this album to start off with.....

I don't see them hitting Europe this year, but if they can hold it together through the US Tour I'd expect the Festivals next year to have them....

Van Halen have cancelled all tour dates after June 26th. Markets affected include Philadelphia, Baltimore, E. Rutherford, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Memphis, Spokane, Reno, Fresno, Wichita and Milwaukee.

The band are yet to comment as this time.

http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/05/van-halen-cancel-tour-dates-after-june.html

RayCon wrote: »
    Im gonna be pessimistic and say they'll struggle through the committed US shows before collapsing over the finishing line and imploding. Reigniting the Roth V's Van Halen.

Wow ... turns out I was actually optimistic ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

In the past Eddie has said he wasn't that interested in touring Europe. I doubt that has changed. Never mind any other issues with the current line up. VH have done 12 or so tours and only 5 of them had a European leg. They do Canada a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The new album is utter garbag
      I'd love to see them live but only if I had a time machine handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Personally I really like some of the tracks on it. Outta space is up there with their best tracks for me. It would be a great album to see live as Eddie tone is great on it. IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

el tel wrote: »
    The new album is utter garbag
      I'd love to see them live but only if I had a time machine handy.

The new album is up there with their best work. Great from start to finish (apart from Tattoo) with outstanding guitar playing from Eddie.

By the way I heard the dates are postponed and that it has nothing to do with the band falling out or anything.

Hard rock legends Van Halen have abruptly cancelled all of their post-June 26th US tour dates – and have given no explanation or reason to their fans.

The sudden news comes following the release of their latest album 'A Different Kind of Truth', which was their first album for 14 years, and will seriously dash UK fans hopes of a tour coming across the pond.

Whilst no reason for the cancellations has been given, the band have been known to argue – one fight was so bad it caused singer David Lee Roth to leave the band in 1985 – and a source has told Rolling Stone: “[They] hate each other. The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting.”

It's unknown whether the dates may ever be re-arranged – though its unlikely – or whether fans will get refunds, and there may well be more cancellations on the way. Nothing has been confirmed surrounding the other dates, though, so stay with Stereoboard to stay up-to-date.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/172702/9

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/05/18/van-halen-getting-along-fine-taking-a-break-and-planning-to-extend-tour/
    Just when we all were beginning to think we were going to get a killer Van Halen album and an entire tour without any drama whatsoever, look what happens!

Yesterday, Van Halen POSTPONED (not canceled!) most of their Summer tour dates with no reason given. Immediately, speculation ran wild. Fans wondered if there were health issues. Rolling Stone quotes a mysterious “source with knowledge of the tour” who supposedly said the band members “hate each other” and are “arguing like mad.”

The Van Halen News Desk now has some answers form our trusted and proven sources. Other than those Summer dates having to be moved, it’s actually good news.

First off, no one in the band is sick. No health problems.

Second, we knew right away that Rolling Stone’s “source” is completely wrong, and can not possibly be a person with actual inside knowledge of the tour, because all four band members have been getting along splendidly throughout the entire tour. Roth and the Van Halen’s talk every day, and they are all smiles on stage. Everyone who’s seen the tour or even youtube videos can confirm that.

In fact, the band is on such a high from playing together this year and they were really taken aback by the Rolling Stone quote. They’re older and wiser and haven’t had any issues with one another.

Why were these dates postponed? The band has been working tirelessly for the last 18 months – writing and recording “A Different Kind Of Truth”, filming the “Tattoo” video, rehearsing, putting together the show themselves (lighting, the videos, the stage, routing the tour, and lots of behind the scenes stuff that most people don’t even know about). The band wants the second leg to be as awesome as the first. And for that to happen they want to put more time into the planning of it. Not just continue on with the same show.

Van Halen is very enthusiastic about the rest of the tour and wants be on the road for a long time. Just how long remains to be seen, but we’ll say that the tour will probably continue into next year. They are now considering touring Australia and Japan in the near future.

As it stands now, the 31 postponed US shows are due to be rescheduled. There should be some sort of official announcement forthcoming.

Van Halen will tour Japan in November and they will continue with the tour in 2013. Announcement expected soon.

3 dates in Japan so far. Probably heading to Australia too. Ed and Wolf have just been on CNN.

November 20: Osaka
    November 27: Tokyo
    November 29: Nagoya

Tour of Japan just cancelled, Eddie has undergone emergency surgery. Tour will be rescheduled in 2013.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-undergoes-emergency-surgery/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is quickly becoming a joke of a tour and a joke of a band.

IMO Van Halen were bigger and WAY better with Sammy.

Glad they ain't ever gonna come here

scudzilla wrote: »
    Glad they ain't ever gonna come here

Wouldn't go that far ... have always wanted to see VH , but even if they announced an Irish show I won't believe it until I was actually there, standing in the gig and they had just walked onto the stage.

RayCon wrote: »
    Wouldn't go that far ... have always wanted to see VH , but even if they announced an Irish show I won't believe it until I was actually there, standing in the gig and they had just walked onto the stage.

Personally Ray I just hope Ed recovers from this with his list of ailments. They will be back on the road next year all going well so who knows where they will play.

Japan tour dates rescheduled and are now in June 2013 and possibly a new album. US tour dates will be announced soon, so fingers crossed for a European date or more.

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/11/13/van-halen-reschedules-japan-for-2013/

DLR interview with Rolling Stone on the 12th of this month, when I read this I thought goodbye DLR Eddie will be mad.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-david-lee-roth-vents-about-van-halens-future-20130212?link=mostpopular2

Today Van Halen have been confirmed to play Australia in April so maybe DLR was doing the publicity thing, although 1 date seems a bit crazy.

B84D6BFE43784124A136D3B6383B2785-0000336305-0003164005-00500L-BAA01F5001984795A145CB08087CD90B.jpg

I hope his comments about wanting to tour Europe are true and this happens soon.

Advertisement