Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox won't download any updates.

Options
  • 26-12-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭

Game or system updates won't download and don't seem to even start. I did update the 360 from USB but that does not help for games.

I have every port i can find open and the console has a fixed ip, tried turning off the firewall as well but it still does not work.

error code is:

396b-0000-D080-0200-8000-274c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Did a quick look around and found this. While not quite the same error code it may be a similar problem. Do a network test , Check your Internet connection.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111210174611AA2nxtG
    Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    When I updated my dad's Xbox dashboard, that happened to me a couple times because my Internet kept messing up, next time, try to check your Internet to see if its working

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

I had a similiar problem; I could not connect to the Marketplace or download updates!

I use the wi-fi on my laptop to connect to XBL and one day it wouldn't connect, it turned out to be interference between the wi-fi and the router. Try and connect your Xbox directly to the router and see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xbox is connected to it already.

Can connect and friends show up, don't have gold so can't try playing it to see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are you connected to Xbox Live at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are you connected to Xbox Live at the moment?

connected but updates won't download, i get that error when i try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement