Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty digital Camera

Options
  • 26-12-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Got the OH a digital camera for christmas, but it will not charge. What are my rights when I return to the shop? What are my options?

Can I ask for a replacement, same model?

Can I ask for a replacement, a different model?

Can I ask for a refund?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Do you have the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Do you have the receipt?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Depends on where it was bought and their returns policy. It should say on the receipt, usually if a product is opened
    you only have the option of a replacement of the same model if the first one is faulty. If you have a second faulty
    unit of the same model you can switch it for something else but this is at the shop's discretion.

If it was me i'd (try) return the camera for a refund and buy online with the cash i got back.

I just bought one of these bad boys (which is about €400 on every other site) for £230 from Amazon with free delivery.
    But it depends on your budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Just back from the shop, PC World.

I got the camera replaced, selected a different brand.

Was suprised at how easy it went. Went in, said I wanted to change the camera to a different brand and was told to pick out the one I wanted; all done in about 10mins. :)

Advertisement