Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube tag fix - carriage return removed?

Options
  • 26-12-2011 3:18pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This may be a coincidence but it seems that since the youtube tag parser was changed any text typed after a video starts on the same line as the clip and not underneath it as previously. In other words instead of

Check out this video
    [you tube video]
    Isn't it awesome?

we get

Check out this video
    [you tube video]Isn't it awesome?

Comments

Damn you, I was just going to report this.

It seems odd, was doing some checking over at the Test forum - it seems you need to press enter twice, leaving two blank lines

-- like this -- before it goes on to a new line. The thread in the test forum is here

So basically
    *Same line as YouTube video*

*pressed enter twice*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Probably a parameter mistake in the parser, cheers for letting us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Issue was as I said, a mistaken parameter value stripped the first newline.

Should be resolved now.

As an aside - if you want to post sample bbcode in the future to demonstrate an issue then simply surround it with [noparse][noparse][/noparse] tags.

For example, typing:

[noparse]
    [noparse]

This text will appear on a new line[/noparse]
    [/noparse]

will result in the following text being displayed:

[noparse]

This text will appear on a new line
    [/noparse]

As you can see there was no BBcode parsing done. This makes it easier for me to see the exact problem and the test cases you have tried over in the test forum :)

Thanks again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement