Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet in Ballyconnell for Christmas

Options
  • 26-12-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey,

Just thought I'd post up that early Christmas Day [very early] the internet went down. After contacting my provide today it's going to be down until Wednesday at least. I'm with Vodafone at home but they run through Eircoms lines [who are also down] and due to line rental being paid to Eircom it is up to them to fix it.

Pretty horrendous time for it to go down, I know a lot of people that are quite upset not being able to skype loved ones and a lot of kids that can't enjoy their presents fully, if at all, without a connection. It's a disgrace to be honest and fairly reflective of the infrastructure around here, not to mention the amount of respect companies like Eircom have for their customers.

If you're wondering, I'm online because I have the internet on my phone.

Is anywhere else other than Ballyconnell down that you guys know of? What's your thoughts on this situation and timing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Mines fine, but not like you can read this.

Shocking service tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Only seen this thread now but yes entire exchange in Ballyconnell seemed to be down. Was out in the town and people where telling me that there was no access for alot of customers in the town but its came back on a few days after i understand....

Really annoying when it happens and when you require it for work and long distance family but it happens from time to time unfortunately.

Advertisement