Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need more anime & manga

• 26-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'v run out of manga and cant really seem to find any good anime.
    Just wondering if anyone could suggest some good stuff?
    Must be all in japanese.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Have you got an anime-planet or MAL list we can view so we know what you have already watched?
    Any particular genre's or shows you're interested in?

Here's 2 good charts that recommends some of the better shows. Im not saying watch all of them, but most of them are well worth the watch. Not overly big on manga myself so I cant recommend much.

Anime: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5200/130944131086.jpg

Manga: http://i.imgur.com/QBkoP.jpg#

They're both pretty old so they dont contain any newer shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _SpaZ_

Sorry, I tried using anime sites in the past but I kept finding people obsessed with naruto.
    If MAL is good ill start using it though.

I like anything that stands out from the sea of crap thats out there. Anything with depth to the characters that's not entirely predictable.

Cheers, ill check these out.
    are most of em in english or japanese?

You will find most, if not all in Japanese with english subtitles if you know where to look ;). English dubs are available too if you want.

Personally, I recommend Ergo Proxy and Eve no Jikan (just get the movie because its the exact same as the series and there are better quality versions of it available, subs and picture-wise).

Another great show in my opinion is Kimi ga Nozomu Eiein. The first 2 eps would put you off by a mile but imo it a brilliant show. Its a romance one but dont let that put you off at all.

Ive only watched about 10 shows off that anime chart, and would probably recommend them all.

You should also check out some currently airing anime. There is always a few interesting shows to pick up every season and are released 1 episode per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Instant recommendations:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (manga)
    Black Lagoon (anime AND manga)
    Detroit Metal City (anime)
    Franken Fran (manga)
    Genshiken (manga)
    Mirai Nikki (manga)
    Pokemon Adventures (manga) (NO, REALLY)
    Narutaru (manga) (this is NOT Naruto!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,609 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You should be shot for recommending pokemon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pokemon Adventures (manga) (NO, REALLY)

Yup. It's nothing like the baby-ish (by comparison) anime :D

So this is when everybody comes out and posts on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Options 1: Look at this thread

Option 2: Look up shows you've already seen on Anime Planet and check out the most recommended down the bottom, these are usually really great for finding new stuff (and more obscure older series).

Option 3: Every link your anime lists \0/ Here's mine score descending order. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JohnnyCbad&show=0&order=4

Anything I've given a 10 or 9 that you haven't seen is excellent (imo obviously) and anything 6 - 8 is worth a watch at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But I barely watch anime now.
    All about the manga... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoJo_zuikutis

Beast Master (manga) - thought it was pretty cool, funny too.
    Death Note (anime) - totally intense but excellent!
    Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight guilty (both anime) - if your into vampires then you'll really enjoy this!
    ef a tale of melodies and ef a tale of memorie (both anime) - intence but very enjoyable.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement