Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC - reasonable budget - need some guidance

Options
  • 26-12-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope you guys all had good christmas'es. I've been a lurker on this forum for the last while and I think it's great how helpful you all are to the technically challenged like myself!

Anyway, I'm looking to sort out a high(ish) end gaming PC without breaking the bank.

I'm not techie at all so I would need to source it somewhere that can build it. I have looked at some builders on overclockers etc but I'm worried I'll spend money I don't need to - the finer points of i7 vs i5, or gtx580 vs gtx570 are lost on me.

1. What is your budget?
    €1000-€1500 all in

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Gaming - would want to run skyrim hassle free on ultra and be reasonably futureproof (potential to set up SLI for example)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]
    Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]
    Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]
    I am flexible on this. I am thinking 22' or higher.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]
    Yes - keyboard, mouse, speakers.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]
    I would be ok with something set up out of the box (like overclockers.co.uk do) but would not be comfortable doing it myself.

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]
    All above.

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]
    Open-ended, next few weeks if I do decide to go ahead!

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]
    Raheny

Comments

Advertisement