Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT servers down AGAIN! Fupp SAKE!!

Options
  • 26-12-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just to warn everyone the lovely servers in DIT seem to fcked as usual. Cant access the library or my email. You'd think this would have been sorted with the transfer over to google.

Can email be accessed any other way? I need to get a flight ref number.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

It's a mess alright, but complaining on here will get us nowhere. Only way to make a difference is go difectly to the IT dept, the SU and your class rep.

If I have google logged in on my home PC, and I try to go to my email, I have to log out of everything else. If I turn on google multiple account sign in, I still can't go back to my iGoogle homepage as it says it's not supported so that wrecks my head.

During the switch, one of the advantages we were told, was an "up-time" guarentee. Great. Until you relaise that you can't actually log in through and google sign-in page, you get directed back to DIT's login page to do the same again. Which is down at odd times. :rolleyes:

Worst thing however, is the fact that NUM LOCK is set to off be default in Bolton St. Type in student number, then password, then hit enter, then realised that you have to do it all again as the student number wasn't input properly.

I will actually bring these thing up when I'm back in. No point moaning to myself on boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Since the whole servers being down, I have found by accident really that you can forward your incoming emails automatically to another address.

So I've set up another gmail account and have forwarded all my emails to that address.

I look forward to getting my emails regardless of systems being down or not.

Happy New Year!
    :D

Advertisement