Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving slowly..but still moving..

• 26-12-2011 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Well............ I decided I needed a new log (and better to get in before the Jan rush!)

Have been running for the past few months without updating my log, nothing major just 2/3 times a week 3-5 miles at time (and maybe a class here and there). Been ill the last 3 weeks so no exercise/running.

This morning after a long lie in I went out for a lovely 40 mins and really enjoyed it, and it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be after a 3 weeks break....:D

So hopefully I can get the runs back in track. No major plans...just try to get out x3 a week and build it back up.

Did a few 5K and 10K last year, should try to get back into it this year, maybe GIR in April?

Am still reaaaalllly slow....but it felt great out there today!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

nothing wrong with slow :D
    Best of luck with the new log and goals Maria:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

28/12: 2 miles

Brought kids and the dog out on their bikes and decided to use the time to get a short run in. Had to keep stopping to peal off layers of clothes but Id say I did about 2 miles (judging by time), with kids cycling beside me or playing chasing each other around the green.

Never work with dogs or kids, as they say, but needs must! :D

3 birds; 1 stone (dog walked, kids out, run done = guilt free vino and chocs for me tonight!):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Maria welcome back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good to see you back Maria :)

31/12/11

2.2 miles.
    Late night last night meant this was not as pleasant as anticipated but done. 3 runs in 1 week, been over 5 weeks since I managed that so happy out :)

Very mild out there, this time last year I was running in snow (still have yak trax unopened in the box as proof...ordered too late...:p).
    BTW....This time 2 years ago I was wishing I could run around the block!

Happy new Year everyone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Great to see you back!

Wed 4/1/12
    2 miles this morning in the wind/gale

1hr class this eve (arms/legs/abs)

Signed up for OT 5k in 7 wks, so hopefully that'll keep me motivated as I head back to work tom .

Saturday 7/1/12

4.5 miles
    Nice run, stopped at 20 mins and walked for a min (wind is really knocking me at the moment)

Good run overall and love running along the coast admiring the sea.

Was feeling very pleased/smug until I saw the swimmers getting put of the sea in Skerries...jesus that is dedication for you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good to see you back on the logs and nice running today. Good luck with the goals for 2012.

Tuesday
    3 miles (along the estuary in Malahide) on my way home from work.

Thursday
    3 miles this morning, as I am working from home.

• Advertisement

Saturday
    2.3 miles squashed in between dropping, collecting and watching kids at various sports/ dancing classes. Needs must!

Hate to be a moan but, it is great to see all these people out walking (new year resolutioners as some refer to them). BUT seriously can they not pick up after their dogs? It is a nightmare trying to dodge it and I have never seen anything like it over last couple weeks, ssshhhhh! Moan over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

maria74 wrote: »

3 miles this morning, as I am working from home.

:D that's pretty much how my "work from home" goes too ;)

Advertisement