If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips HTS6100

Options
  • 26-12-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

turned on the HTS6100 soundbar today as we use it for general NTL sound and it wouldnt turn on and then a burning smell came from it, disconnected it right away. Its about 2 years old.

red light comes on but nothing else.

Dont suppose there is any known issues or easy fixes for it?

Would it cost much to repair though philips?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Brightkane

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your HTS6100.

I'd say that your system has suffered from a power supply failure - but i'm not an engineer:o

As you smelt burning burning i'd advise that you keep it powered off in the meantime.

If you'd like to drop it into us we can have it checked out.

I'll pm you a few details re service side of things

atb
    Ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Thanks Ash, Yeah i have left it plugged out, There is power going to the unit itself,(red light on) but the sub where all the wires come out of seems to be the problem with the burning smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

If you have the receipt <Snip>

ch750536 wrote: »
    If you have the receipt <Snip>

Don't have it unfortunatlety and wasn't bought in Phillips just for the record! But thanks for letting me know

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@ch750536,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, and note that interventions etc are not appropriate on this forum. Accordingly I've snipped your post above.

I don't believe that a completely accurate reflection of the Sale of Goods Act (or consumer law in general) can be condensed into two lines, but if you feel compelled to offer advice of this kind to fellow Boardies, feel free to visit the Consumer Issues Forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Sorry for bumping this John, just wondering is there any other way of getting this sorted instead of me dealing with Phillips . Getting an awful run around with them for 2 weeks now. Or an email address for a complaints dept?

Again product not bought from yourselves , but thanks for the help

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bright,

can you PM or email me the details of your HTS fault including model number, date or purchase, place of purchase and fault and of course what has happened to date and I'll see what mischief I can get up to on your account ;).

Thnaks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks john

Sent

Hi John

just wondering if you had any luck with this?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bright,

Apologies about the delay. I'll pass a message on to John to see if he has an update for you. :)

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Bright,

Apologies about the delay. I'll pass a message on to John to see if he has an update for you. :)

Chris

Cheers Chris

Hi Guys,

Should i just follow up wth philips myself?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bright.

Sorry for the hold up.

We are chasing them on it and we haven't forgotten about you.

We have to call them back again today so when I have something concrete, I'll keep you posted.

ATB

Dave

Thanks for that Dave

Let me know how you get on

brightkane wrote: »
    Thanks for that Dave

Let me know how you get on

BK,

still no news I'm afraid - I tried again to speak to the lady I need to get hold of at Philips towers today without success - I'll go into pester mode now (which I hate doing) and revert as soon as I have news - to be fair you should not be left with a 2 year old product which is of no use to you and I'll do my best to get it sorted with the manufacturer on your behalf (to be fair as soon as I get hold of the relevant contact 'm sure there wont be an issue)

Apologies again for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John

Appreciate you following up on my behalf.

BK,

still no news I'm afraid - I tried again to speak to the lady I need to get hold of at Philips towers today without success - I'll go into pester mode now (which I hate doing) and revert as soon as I have news - to be fair you should not be left with a 2 year old product which is of no use to you and I'll do my best to get it sorted with the manufacturer on your behalf (to be fair as soon as I get hold of the relevant contact 'm sure there wont be an issue)

Apologies again for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc

any luck John?

cheers

Hi Bright.

Sorry for the delay on this. It's proving to be a bit trickier than we first thought.

Unfortunately John isn't around today or tomorrow.

I will see if I can contact him to see if there has been any update and I'll come back to you.

ATB

Dave

Hey folks

Should I just go back to Phillips ?
    They seem to be giving everyone the run around

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.!

Any update guys?

• Advertisement

Hi Bright.

Still working on it.

We have changed tact and have sent an email to another contact that we have, so here's hoping.

Bear with us....we are trying to get something sorted for you.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave, just getting frustrated with Phillips at this stage.

Thanks Dave, just getting frustrated with Phillips at this stage.

I'm making slow progress, but progress - I should have some news early next week.....

Apologies for the delay,

ATVB,

J

Thanks John

Any luck john?

I know you guys must cringe every time I bump this but getting desperate at this stage without media pc sound or DVD

I know you guys must cringe every time I bump this but getting desperate at this stage without media pc sound or DVD

Hi Bright,

Just spoke to John there and he's still looking in to this with Philips.

Apologies about the wait. Once we get word we'll let you know.

Chris

is there anything i can do my end?

I don't think so. Ball is in Philips court now. Will keep you posted.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.