Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA with Hardwareversand

Options
  • 26-12-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I think I need to replace a faulty GPU with hardwareversand - do I do this by clicking the complaint option on their website and following the steps ? I have never done this before and I'm quite annoyed that my custom built PC will not be playing games for another while now, if you have not seen my problem, here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkSwHR-3D8&context=C3036f59ADOEgsToPDskJV1UHvx342D7hDWgszqjw7

It's a faulty card, PSU not good enough - people are throwing all these suggestions at me but finding out what is causing this is driving me bonkers! all latest drivers are installed, cables all seem to be connected, only when gaming this happens so rest of PC is running fine . Here are my specs - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1899060

Is the PSU not good enough for this card and system ? or is the card simply faulty ?

How should I go about this RMA process if it comes to that ?
    All items were bought off Hardwareversand and I sent an email to the Reklamation address listed on their website - it was not very helpful - this is the email..

Please send us the article for the purpose of exchange, repair or allowance. Of course we will take over the postage costs for you. Please pay first the postage costs and hand the receipt as well as your Iban and BIC code over to us. If the value of the complained article is under 40,00 € you unfortunately have to bear the costs for the return by yourself.
    Please add a copy of the invoice as well as the filled return form to the package.
    Kind regards,
    Saskia Kopp

What are IBAN and BIC codes etc ? and how do I start the RMA process ? online in the complaints section ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PSU is fine unless its not supplying enough amps. The 12v rail needs to typically supply at minimum 30 amps for most cards. In your case I'd want something that can spit out 45.
    All items were bought off Hardwareversand and I sent an email to the Reklamation address listed on their website - it was not very helpful - this is the email..

Please send us the article for the purpose of exchange, repair or allowance. Of course we will take over the postage costs for you. Please pay first the postage costs and hand the receipt as well as your Iban and BIC code over to us. If the value of the complained article is under 40,00 € you unfortunately have to bear the costs for the return by yourself.
    Please add a copy of the invoice as well as the filled return form to the package.
    Kind regards,
    Saskia Kopp
    How isn't that helpful, they've basically said they'll exchange it and cover the shipping charges you incur.
    What are IBAN and BIC codes etc ? and how do I start the RMA process ? online in the complaints section ?
    As they state quite plainly in the letter:

Pay the Postage Costs and hand the receipt [for those costs] as well as your Iban and BIC code over to us [Shipping tracker codes]. ie. Place these inside the shipper box when you pay to have it delivered out.

You continue the RMA by shipping it off, wonderfully. Make sure a copy of your PC invoice and your Return Form are inside the parcel you ship off.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mk94

here's the PSU details http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=30069&agid=1628 I don't want to RMA the GPU and then find out it's the PSU :)

Do you still think it's a faulty GPU, after seeing the details of the PSU I am using and the specs of my PC ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's your GPU, and the longer you delay your RMA the longer you wait for a functioning gaming rig.

As I said in your other thread your motherboard has onboard graphics (or it should based on what you've said) so you're not completely without a PC for 2 weeks.

Advertisement