Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich v Spurs (19:30 SS1)

Options
  • 26-12-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Well, after a good weekend for us regarding other teams results (Chelsea, City & Liverpool only managing draws) we're faced with Norwich away.

Our form over the last few games has been pretty poor - we just about beat Sunderland and just about drew with Chelsea. We've some injuries to contend with, but I'd hope we have enough to beat a Norwich team who's home form has been W4 D2 L2.

King, Lennon and Defoe are definitely out. VDV looks like he'll be available, which is a big boost (though he needs to improve as I feel he's been poor lately). No word on Bale, but I guess that means he'll be fit. Kaboul is struggling with his hamstring but will hopefully be ok too.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/team-news-261211.html

Let's hope for another win on the road and a bigger gap back to Chelsea and the rest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I presume King will be rested?

Big game, we need to capitalise on today's results. Not very confident tbh, can see us coming from behind to draw in a mediocre game. Hopefully Bale and Kaboul will be fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We NEED 3 points here, we have 4 winable games between now and city and with a few of the other games going our way we could well do with a win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing the optimist today. Our form hasn't been great, but we've still gotten the results. The lads will be well up for it, and will hopefully capitalise on the results at Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

Comfortable win. 2-0 i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

HR has to start Walker on the right wing. VDV just doesnt cut it as a winger and we end up with a lobsided MF with no real width or no outlet on the right side of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I am optimistic too, so much so I have backed Parker to bang in his first one for the club. I feel we will have more than enough for Norwich and our midfield should purr against them.

We were a little unlucky at Stoke and could have taken all three against Chelsea. The is when VDV is at his best too. Reminds me of the way Unirehs Ronaldo could look a class apart against opposition of Norwich's calibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Seillejet wrote: »
    I am optimistic too, so much so I have backed Parker to bang in his first one for the club. I feel we will have more than enough for Norwich and our midfield should purr against them.

We were a little unlucky at Stoke and could have taken all three against Chelsea. The is when VDV is at his best too. Reminds me of the way Unirehs Ronaldo could look a class apart against opposition of Norwich's calibre.

Hope it bags you a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I'm a little worried about this one tbh. They are one of the few PL teams that run at you as much as we do. Thing is, if lennon is out then our natural set up doesnt work and we look really out of sorts any way other than with the wingers bombing up the flanks. If they get at us early then they'll do us.

Kaboul to RB with Kyle ahead of him seems the obvious solution to me. Gallas and Bassong centre ( ledley wont play) and Essy at left.

Or I'd go with our second half at Stoke , 3-5-2 using Bale and Kyle as wing backs, Kaboul, Bass and Gallas as centres. Modric , Sandro and Parker as centre mids and VDV off Ade up front. The full backs wont get forward much and the start but as the game goes on it migt suit us more.

We're in for a tough game here let there be no doubt. It would be bloody stupid to go out as we did against Stoke and think we'll out play them at our game rather than they at theirs. This is one of Arrys failures, to see the need to adjust before the match starts. My guess is he'll go out with a team set up as it always is. Tbh I think this is wrong, Norwich are more than capable of doing us at home. I really think that a 3-5-2 should be our starting line up which as the game goes on turns into a 4-4-2 or even a 4 3-3.

Come on Wolves! Do us all a favour! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

We really need to cash in now this evening on whas basically a free 2pts on the rest of the CL challengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Kiith wrote: »
    Come on Wolves! Do us all a favour! :P

who would have expected chelski pool and goons to all drop points at home?

We really need to win tonight

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

BERBA wrote: »
    who would have expected chelski pool and goons to all drop points at home?

We really need to win tonight

COYS
    agreed

every game is a big game but with our closest rivals all slipping up it makes it bigger again.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Modric doing fitness test at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

3 points needed big tine. It would make up for the stoke game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ziedth wrote: »
    3 points needed big tine. It would make up for the stoke game.

+1
    We need to push for a win. A win would keep us nicely during this bad patch, I always expected us to dip in form at some stage as we encounter injuries. It's just lucky the others dropped points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

can someone post a link when its up n running....

please and thank u!!

To many stupid mistakes so far. We're in control, but not doing enough so far.

That was beautiful football. So close.

They're well organised though happy to soak up the pressure. Happy with our performance so far, lots of pressure, we'll get a goal eventually if we keep this up.

Eight corners to nil, tell the way it has been going, but no goals.

Almost too in control and Norwich are becoming hugely negative.

• Advertisement

Replay shows Gallas was tripped in the box, deffo a penno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Replay shows Gallas was tripped in the box, deffo a penno
    Can't blame the red for that I was sure Gallas tripped over himself the first few times annoying though.

The guy who tripped him was looking the other way. Would have been a harsh penalty imo.

Nice one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

About time !!!

Bale! 0-1. Well done Ade.

Get in. Great goal. Was coming in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Oh right should open the game up too.

Has Ade done the hammer there?

• Advertisement

Great goal, comfortable now

Advertisement