Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich v Spurs (19:30 SS1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bale again! 0-2.

Delighted with that performance. Were never never really tested, and controlled the game well. Bale, Modric and Walker were excellent, and Ade worked really hard. Everyone played well actually. Don't think anyone had a bad game.

Overall, a great week for us. City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all dropped 2 points. We're now 4 points ahead of Chelsea with a game at hand.

Come on your Spurs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Super super result considering the results around us this weekend. 3rd place cemented and a great chance to improve upon it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Very comfortable, professional win. No injuries picked up or costly suspensions either. Well impressed and quite chuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Exactly what we deserved, great performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Excellent performance, and the result to match. Delighted Sandro got a full 90 - what a player he is.

We couldn't really have asked for more from this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Classy performance tonight controlled it start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Get the f*ck in!! COYS!!! :D

Last 15 premier league games has us top of the table with 38 points. Both Manc clubs have 36 points from last 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Tidy win tonight.
    Nice to see Parker as Captain. (is that a 1st for him?)
    Bale just seems to be getting better - a real powerhouse with skill too.

Anyone catch Efan Ekoku on SS1 describe Bale as reminding him of "Malcom McDonald from the waist dowm" ? - Good comparison I think (Bale isn't as bow- leggeed as McDonald tho).

Exciting times (tho I'm long in tooth enough to know that it's always dangerous to get too carried away as far as Spurs is concerned).

All that being said I'm going to go with the good feeling and make a prediction: City to buckle; Spurs to challenge Utd for top spot. City 3rd; the Arse for 4th; Liverpool 5th. Chelsea to slug it out with Sunderland (yes, Sunderland) for 6th. (Spurs fan's reticence, shall we say, won't allow me to consider the possibility of us winning the title).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

cranks wrote: »
    Tidy win tonight.
    Nice to see Parker as Captain. (is that a 1st for him?)
    Bale just seems to be getting better - a real powerhouse with skill too.

Anyone catch Efan Ekoku on SS1 describe Bale as reminding him of "Malcom McDonald from the waist dowm" ? - Good comparison I think (Bale isn't as bow- leggeed as McDonald tho).

Exciting times (tho I'm long in tooth enough to know that it's always dangerous to get too carried away as far as Spurs is concerned).

All that being said I'm going to go with the good feeling and make a prediction: City to buckle; Spurs to challenge Utd for top spot. City 3rd; the Arse for 4th; Liverpool 5th. Chelsea to slug it out with Sunderland (yes, Sunderland) for 6th. (Spurs fan's reticence, shall we say, won't allow me to consider the possibility of us winning the title).

Blackburn at home on the 28th of April 2012 - the day Spurs seal the title :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Blackburn at home on the 28th of April 2012 - the day Spurs seal the title :cool:

Oooh, you cheeky monkey!
    You're scaling the heights; you'll have further to fall my dear boy, mark my words............ I'll run with it though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have decided that from now until we fall 10 points or more behind the league leaders I am considering us title challengers. If I get a few weeks out if it all that is enough for me.

Anyway, in the real world it couldn't have gone much better for us this gameweek. Our game in hand is just crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great few day result wise for Spurs,I was certain all the other teams would win there games over the last couple of days,great win tonight and long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

brilliant brilliant performance.
    Bale outstanding as were several others.

COYS

Comfortable win. 2-0 i'd say.

Just realised i was right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

great win with others dropping pts,January is make or break I think Swansea,WBA,Everton,Wolves,Cheltenham in the cup and Mancity ,Wigan
    All bar city game are winnable but the amount of games in next few weks could hurt us with injuries/recovery time suspensions,PG it wont
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Thought the fluidity of how we played yesterday was fantastic... we look a threat everytime we go forward and solid at the back ... best Spurs team in years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

While Bale and Ade will take the plaudits this year Younes has been outstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

While Bale and Ade will take the plaudits this year Younes has been outstanding!

Agreed. He has been brilliant. And he's bloody fast as well - remember that break he made down the line almost beating 2 people?!

• Advertisement

spursman11 wrote: »
    great win with others dropping pts,January is make or break I think Swansea,WBA,Everton,Wolves,Cheltenham in the cup and Mancity ,Wigan
    All bar city game are winnable but the amount of games in next few weks could hurt us with injuries/recovery time suspensions,PG it wont
    COYS
    The city game is also winnable !!! COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Thought the fluidity of how we played yesterday was fantastic... we look a threat everytime we go forward and solid at the back ... best Spurs team in years

I've been following Spurs since 1980 - IMO this is the best team we've had since the early to mid 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

SuprSi wrote: »
    Agreed. He has been brilliant. And he's bloody fast as well - remember that break he made down the line almost beating 2 people?!

He's also bloody good as a right back. I thought Harry would push him out there and shift walker to mid as cover for Lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Robxxx7 wrote: »

Totally agree with you here, we have had teams which contained world class players but this team is by far the best team I have seen in my time following Spurs. There is no weak link at present and everyone is working their ass off for the team, long may it continue. Don't you just love being a Spurs fan :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

at times last night when we won the ball back, some of the short first time passing in the center of the park was top top class.

we need to keep the results coming with swansea on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The intricate passing between Modric, Bale, Adebayor, Parker, Sandro, Vdv was delightful to watch.

'Spurs - Title Contenders' those three words make me nervous....;)

COYS - Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Spurs 20/1 to win the league. Holy mother of god we've come on a lot under 'Arry. I was never his biggest fan but if we continue this form I'll be more than happy to go back on my opinion in August.

THFC wrote: »
    Spurs 20/1 to win the league. Holy mother of god we've come on a lot under 'Arry. I was never his biggest fan but if we continue this form I'll be more than happy to go back on my opinion in August.

Even if people don't always agree with Harry, his appointment has been the best move made by the club in the past 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

mickman wrote: »
    Even if people don't always agree with Harry, his appointment has been the best move made by the club in the past 20 years

totally agree.

personally i dont like harry as a person and i have stated that before but i can not think of a manager who could have done a better job than he has.

mr redknapp i tip my hat to you sir, and to you mr levy for his appointment.

now tell the english fa to **** off:D

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    totally agree.

personally i dont like harry as a person and i have stated that before but i can not think of a manager who could have done a better job than he has.

mr redknapp i tip my hat to you sir, and to you mr levy for his appointment.

now tell the english fa to **** off:D

I think we are at the next level now and harry was the manager who made that happen . That move from mid table mediocrity to a top 4 team is the hardest move to make and harry will always be remembered for that.

I think if harry goes then our next manager will be in the ancellotti / mourinho stlye, a big big name. All of europe now knows of spurs and i think we will grow from here.

To think that we have managed this with keeping the clubs finances in order is testament to levy

Advertisement