Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse adb Problem

Options
  • 26-12-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I'm using Eclipse to develop for both java and Android. Upon opening, no matter what circumstances I try to create, I keep getting this error. It's related to adb. I just can't get rid of this error. Anyone else know how to fix it or ever have a similar problem?
    186312.jpg

186313.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Go in and reset your android sdk path (remove it, close eclipse, then add it again). This has fixed similar stuff for me in the past, but I haven't tried it since the newer versions have come out.

Oh yeah, install the adb usb drivers. They should be there in a folder under the sdk somewhere (called google-usb or something). Do not rely on the drivers that windows auto-installs when you plug phone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

srsly78 wrote: »
    Go in and reset your android sdk path (remove it, close eclipse, then add it again). This has fixed similar stuff for me in the past, but I haven't tried it since the newer versions have come out.

Oh yeah, install the adb usb drivers. They should be there in a folder under the sdk somewhere (called google-usb or something). Do not rely on the drivers that windows auto-installs when you plug phone in.

The drivers worked fine for me in the past. It has stopped working now for some unknown reason. Eclipse won't let me remove the Android sdk path. If I leave it blank, it defaults back to the previous path. If I change it, it says there's no sdk in the said directory and yet again it goes back to the previous one.

Ok. Forget about eclipse. Open up command prompt and test adb from there. Change directory into the adb folder and manually run "adb version". What output does it show? Try "adb devices" and it should list all the devices it sees.

Does the connected device have usb debugging turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

C:\PROGRA~2\Android>cd android-sdk

C:\PROGRA~2\Android\android-sdk>cd platform-tools

C:\PROGRA~2\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb version
    Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.29

C:\PROGRA~2\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached
    HT0BRRX02919 device

HT0BRRX02919 I can only assume is my HTC Desire HD. So command prompt can do fine what Eclipse can't do. Maybe Eclipse is looking in the wrong place?

As a side note, adb fails whether I connect a device or not.

Yep looks like adb is working fine. Seems eclipse is the problem. Did you update any plugins recently or anything?

edit: Blah. I should have just googled this earlier, here is your answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2260118/failed-to-parse-the-output-of-adb-version

I suspect you had an old android sdk and were happily using this, but then updated to new. Google have moved the binary paths for stuff, if you were to setup from scratch you would be fine, but something went wrong during update it seems. Just move your binaries as detailed in the stackoverflow link above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement