Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to go about cancelling eircom phone/broadband

Options
  • 26-12-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

The father will be cancelling eircom in the new year and porting to UPC for a few reasons; mainly the line rental fee, the phone rental fee, the price of the package (we only use the broadband and rarely use the phone).

I've searched the forum high and low but can't see a concise way of cancelling eircom service. Judging from what I see here it seems to be a mixture of phone, PM and email. The email address seems to be reluctantly given out as well.

I have read that we should let UPC control the process, but I'm worried that will leave us open to odd final bills with eircom. I am aware of the 30 days notice for cancellation which is no problem. I'm also aware that eircom charge cancellation fees the odd time. We're out of contract for the NGB talktime package so there is no contract to pay off.

Can anyone post up the best way to move from eircom to UPC and keep the number?

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Give eircom 30 days notice that you are leaving...this is a recent eircom customer service enhancement.

Use Blueface for phone ...contact them direct and arrange port.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Thanks Sponge Bob. I think the father eventually wants to swap to UPC television from Sky as well so I think he'll stick with UPC for TV/Phone/Broadband, but thanks for your suggestion :).

Do you know if I'll be exposed to any sort of charge for going down the route you suggested?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No, if you are not in ( 1 year ) contract you give 30 days notice to end during your current billing period. That is it. Check your bill to see when the billing period ends.

Advertisement