Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman returns policy

Options
  • 26-12-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭

Ok Folks,

I received gift vouchers for the Blanchtown center to use in any of the retails units their for x-mas and I decided to get an xbox bundle today as an impulse buy but have changed my mind and would like an itouch instead ( I know silly of me). I was just wondering do you think it would be possible to exchange it for an Itouch in the Swords branch of HN tomorrow which would be closer and more conveniant, or would I have to head back out to Blanchardstown. The package has been unopened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

Blanchardstown Vouchers = Blanchardstown only.id say this comes into play.

i would say go back to the original branch, or maybe call the store to see what they advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would i get a refund do you think or a credit note

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

change of mind does not entitle you to a refund, or credit.

the shop can turn you away. as i mentioned, give them a call and see what they can do for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since you've opened it so you probably wont be able to return it, even if Harvey Norman do normally allow change of mind returns. Ring them first to save a wasted journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Jor el he said it was unopened.

They would probably let you exchange it in the original store as a sign of good will,but don't have to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Miss read that. Even unopened though it's up to the retailer to allow a return or not. If this was bought on a sale offer, then it's even less likely to be accepted. Most shops that allow for returns do not allow it on sale items.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

your rights are not affected when buying a "sale item" no more than a non sale item, unless the item has a fault and is sold as such and you are made aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

ShaunC wrote: »
    your rights are not affected when buying a "sale item" no more than a non sale item, unless the item has a fault and is sold as such and you are made aware of it.

:rolleyes: He has no rights... as in this case it's a change of mind, so the shop in question does not have to refund or exchange the product for him. Obviously a different story if the product were faulty, but it's not (that anyone knows of yet). So the point still stands, a store's exchange policy for change of mind often does not cover sale items.

I'm sick of reading factually correct information being thrown about out of context.

@billyhead - Did you get your xbox sorted? H/N are clients of ours, I know the electronics department guys quite well, I would imagine they would have no quibble returning the xbox for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Sorry, It was just in reply to JOR EL about "sale items" being different to normal products. I just wanted to clarify that point. The OP is at the Mercy of the retailers good will, he will have to go to the store he purchased from and with luck and a helpful manager he may get to exchange his goods. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also if you bought an item for €100 and it is €50 in a sale now they might only offer a credit note or voucher for €50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement