Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easypix Easypad 970- small issue

Options
  • 26-12-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Kinda surprised there isn't a thread about the tablet already, as i thought it was more popular, but got the Easypad tablet for Christmas, and so far am pretty pleased with it. There's just one small issue in that I can't download from the Android market, or the browser when connected to my eircom wifi at home. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. When using my brothers phone as a portable hotspot, I can download fine, and his android phone can also download fine from the market when using our wifi. I can still use Skype and e-mail and everything else when on the wifi, so am at a loss as to what's causing it. Any help (as always) would be appreciated!

The tablet is running android gingerbread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fiodam

thread about this over on rollercoaster.ie santa brought this to my daughter and we spent 2 days trying to get on to internet, like you email fine skype fine , went back to peats with it where it worked fine.. anyway to cut long story short seems to be problem with security settings, my dh changed ours from wep to wpa and all is working fine now, another poster on rollercoaster has been told to turn off security setting on her bb which obviously isnt a good idea, seemingly her modem is too old but wasnt told this when she bought it.! i might still be returning this to peats as what happens when we go away and security setting doesnt allow us to use tablet???
    anyway hth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As a matter of interest, which ISP do you both use?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

@fiodam thank you so much! Had never though to change the security settings! It was on WEP for me, changed it to WPA2 and it now works, can download from the market and browser. Thanks again!!

As a side note to anyone else, you need to have the time and date set correctly on your device for the market to work.

@Kintarō; Hattori I'm on Eircom. Though am using both an Eircom router (received a few months ago) and a Sweex router as well, and had the same problem with both, though the Eircom router is the one plugged directly to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fiodam

@delta36 glad to help. Mine still working fine but other poster has been told her modem too old to support wpa so she has emailed easypix as another tablet was giving similar problem and company sent email to change settings and it worked hope easypix can come up with similar solution as what happens when somewhere that uses wep cant ask people to change settings!!!!! Wil keep u informed

Isp i use is digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chasxxxx10

Thanks Guys I had no input ,but my nephew was hving same problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

delta36 wrote: »
    @fiodam thank you so much! Had never though to change the security settings! It was on WEP for me, changed it to WPA2 and it now works, can download from the market and browser. Thanks again!!

As a side note to anyone else, you need to have the time and date set correctly on your device for the market to work.

@Kintarō; Hattori I'm on Eircom. Though am using both an Eircom router (received a few months ago) and a Sweex router as well, and had the same problem with both, though the Eircom router is the one plugged directly to the wall.
    how do i change these settings?? please help, got this today for my son and cant download any apps

auditek923 wrote: »
    how do i change these settings?? please help, got this today for my son and cant download any apps

These are settings you'll need to change on your wireless router. If you post the make/model number I should be able to find a detailed guide on how to do it.
    As a rough guide, try going to the address 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.1 in your internet browser to access your router settings, and in menu settings there you should see something like "Wireless Settings". Click on that and you should see options for changing security settings from "WEP" or unsecured to WPA. The router will either provide options for generating a new password or ask that you enter one. Remember though that this means you'll need to input the new access code to all of your devices that are wirelessly connected to the router, and this can be a bit of a hassle in windows computers (you'll need to delete the connection settings for the router entirely instead of just typing in the new password).
    Tl;dr version: go to your router settings :D

im on netopia router

Then what I posted above is relevant. Here's a more in-depth guide for changing the wireless settings: http://everydaynerd.com/howto/securewireless

ok checked that and its already set to wpa-psk

• Advertisement

ok checked that and its already set to wpa-psk

That's odd, the only other thing I can think of that might help is making sure the date and time are set correctly on the tablet. I know the android app store won't work unless they are set correctly.

that was the 1st thing i done . its me driving me mental now and the child up the wal and now the wife up the wall..im doomed

my eircom security setting reads wpa/wpa2 psk

my eircom security setting reads wpa/wpa2 psk

That's what I set my router settings to and it started to work for me at any rate, I can't rightly think of what else could be causing it in your case. What specifically is happening when you try to download an app?
    An interim solution would be to just download the .apk file for the app on a computer (generally a google search for "app name" and "apk" will help you find them), then transfer it onto the pad via cable/memory card.

it says starting download and then an error message appears saying cannot download error

Advertisement