Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev

Options
  • 26-12-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello,

I got this cooler on eBay off an irish guy, I know it's compatiable with AM3 (which is what I have) .. I'm replacing the stock cooler. What you see in the picture is exactly what you get, that's it. No box, no screws, and no mounting plate or bracket. As you can see it has 4 pins attached to it, on my AM3 motherboard there's no where you can stick these pins into. So do I have to buy a separate mounting plate? I watched an unboxing on this product and a mounting plate came with it.

So any ideas's guys. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That's not the Rev2, that's the OLD Freezer 7, which was LGA775 ONLY.

If you bought the old Freezer 7 by mistake, then you've done goofed :o If you actually bought the Rev2, you've been ripped off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Those pins are for socket 775 Intel, for Amd you need to remove them and use clips either end that latch onto retainers and there's a lever mechanism to lock it

00dcb757-5593-4db9-90f2-62e9f2130d49.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

So clearly I've been riped off, and subject to false advertising. That's what you get when you buy irish.

Here's the ad on eBay: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310363408238

so should I just rip off the LGA 755 mounting plate, and stick on the AMD plate?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

kahf1_02 wrote: »
    So clearly I've been riped off, and subject to false advertising. That's what you get when you buy irish.

Here's the ad on eBay: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310363408238

so should I just rip off the LGA 755 mounting plate, and stick on the AMD plate?

Ask him for a refund, if he refuses just start a dispute with ebay/paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

kahf1_02 wrote: »

Reading that ad:

He got the name wrong sure, but if you read the ad it quite clearly states that it's socket compatibility is 775. It does not claim to be compatible with 1155/1156/AMD sockets.

I'm unsure if this gives him a get out clause or not here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The ad is ambiguous, and it could go either way if a dispute were started. He got the name wrong (and the description), but nowhere did he mention AMD compatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

i know im digging up an old thread hear but if ye still have this lying around ill take it for my pc.. fire me a pm with a price

Advertisement