Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

convert euro to sterling cash

• 26-12-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

i need to convert some euro into sterling, about 200 euro

anyone know where is it more convenient to do so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

a bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I see busy stephen's day for some :rolleyes:

I know that banks do it, I want to know where is it convenient

http://www.money-shop.ie/money-shop-in-dublin/

anyone dealt with these guys? they mention no commission which I would have to pay when dealing with a bank, but there are no exchange rate values mentioned. Or am I better off goin to Joe walsh forex in O'connell st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

The post office?

Seriously, it's €200. Do we really need to discuss exchange rates?

No we don't ....

Not sure what the OP is actually asking for here....

"anyone know where is it more convenient to do so?"

... more convenient than what?

these hotels in Killarney offer foreign exchange facilities...

http://www.booked.net/hotels/ireland/killarney-996/currency-exchange

... I'd suspect it is 'very convenient' - if one is in Killarney!:rolleyes:

more convenient than being charged commission in a bank

the post office is actually a good commission free option which i was not aware of so thanks for that.

pjmn if you don't undertand a question, don't post an answer, simple as that ;)

• Advertisement

j4vier wrote: »

the post office is actually a good commission free option which i was not aware of so thanks for that.

pjmn if you don't undertand a question, don't post an answer, simple as that ;)

.. suggest you re-read your initial post - if you had included the information you provided in your first, second and third posts you may have received a better quaity of answer - as it stands I was the only person to answer you (which probably tells you something)...

good luck with the transaction...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

j4vier wrote: »

What? That makes no sense..

Banks may still be better even with comission. But for €200 its only going to be very small with either the post office or bank.

this thread is going a bit away from the answers that I was looking for so a mod can close it now, I am happy with tenchi answer of anpost

I didn't want to spell this out but looks like I shouldn't take anything for granted

By more convenient I meant

1: commission free
    2: best rate
    3: location

after checking with boi, the rate is the same as an post, but an post charges no commission hence it is more convenient. also there is a post office every km.

i know it'll only be a small saving, but better in my pockets than theirs

jet black I know that banks can be still better with commission, hence why I am asking here, if you know any fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

You could try your local credit union. For that amount commission would hardly be more that €2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It's more competitive rate and commission and more convenient location.

Post office is the best bet.

Anyone that charges commissinnhave a min charge regardless of the amount.

You could find yourself paying €2 to exchange €100 to stg and pay the same amount to change €10. The charges are tiered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed at OPs request

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement