Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Wexford

• 26-12-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,
    Have been using Vodafone at home talk anytime and value broadband here in Wexford and it is worse than using a dial-up modem, poor speeds, waiting to load webpages and when streaming movies constantly uploading, there servers must be s...e.
    Best download speed achieved was approx 2.4Mbps and upload 0.3Mbps, but usually the download is O.7 to 1.3Mbps.
    The phone line according to Eircom is NGB enabled and capable of speeds upto 4Mbps, and another business beside me is getting over 3.5Mbps all the time from the same Killinick exchange.
    Trying to get any sense out of Vodafone is impossible, they said the line is not NGB enabled and the max speed from the line is 2.5Mbps so I should be happy with what I have.
    Our previous server was Digiweb and the speed was always approx 3.5 Mbps, but due to business closing and line cancelled changed to Vodafone (wish I had read some of the threads here first) so am thinking of returning to them as my years contract with Vodafone is about up.
    Anyone using Digiweb now in wexford, what are there servers like or any other suggestions for a reliable service.
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement