Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Causeway Coast Adventure Racing Series

• 26-12-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi folks just letting you know that we've updated our website with some details about the remaining 3 rounds of the CCAR Winter Series. It would be good to see a few more Boards.ie members at a few of the events. Best 3 results to count towards the series so don't worry if you've missed the first round.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

Down to the last 20 places for round 2 if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

Hi, These races get great reviews. I booked in to do round 4. With a friend that has no mtb experience.

What kind of trails can we expect? From what I saw on youtube from some previous races, it was fairly flat, will it be fairly doable without mtb experience or does he need to get practice in (he's fine on the road)?

What kind of distances are we looking at run/cycle/canoe?

Couldn't find much info on the website...

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

You'll manage fine without MTB experience. I did my first one with none, and the longest I'd ever really cycled up to that point was the 3 mile commute to work! If there does happen to be a very technical piece, just get off and walk that section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

I think lgk sums it up nicely. All the races are aimed at novice teams so you'll never be expected to do anything to hard on the bike section/s. The last round in the series may well have a twist to it in terms of distance, more details to follow on that. In the past we tend to keep the distance as near to 35km biking 10km running and 3km kayaking. The faster teams also get the option of a bonus loop which can be anything up to the same again in biking and another short run or foot orienteering section.

Advertisement