Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swtor boredom

Options
  • 26-12-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

just wondering is boredom kicking in for anyone else in the game yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

What level are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

CyberJuice wrote: »
    just wondering is boredom kicking in for anyone else in the game yet?

26 now and two lvl 11 characters and tonight i was thinking so am i ever do anything else apart from kill everything that moves :( getting very monotonousness . If this game didnt have the story aspect to it i doubt very much id be playing. But im willing to stick around and hope that it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Level 48 here, questing is not exactly fun but i'm enjoying it, it's all about the end-game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Standard MMO stuff for me really. I get a little impatient to get on with the story in parts but the lack of many "Fetch 5 of these uncommon drops from that mob over there" type quests really takes a lot of the frustration out of the game for me.

Being able to go off and do some PvP or space battles as a break from questing while still getting XP helps a lot to keep me from getting bored too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

bored out of my tree - lvl 21

• Advertisement

It'd be interesting to know if the bored people played a lot of MMOs before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

nix wrote: »
    What level are you?

level 20 bounty hunter,level 16 sith sorceror. level 9 imperial agent. level 15 jedi knight..

I know i havent experienced the full game but still, its feeling too much like a single player rpg for me and wen i do sign up for a warzone i get into hutball and im fighing against level 40 players that have more crit and attack power than me and more abilities but thats another issue.flashpoints?they are ok when you do them mayb twice but after that the long group conversations just are annoying..

ill stick with the game and get a char to max level before i decide to carry on or not but i dont get the feeling that i want to rush home and log in and when im ingame after 2 hours i feel like i want to log out and watch tv or do something else..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still lovng the game, i was never a fan of cutscenes but i gave them a chance as they are better than most and enjoyed then for a bit, now they are just in the way.
    DOesnt really take from the game however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

36 bounty hunter, loving it still. though it does have its doldrums. I think it depends on the planet you're on and what you've to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

im loving the imperial agent Story line. The way im playing the game atm is leveling on my own and trying to complete a zone like Taris, doing every quest. However some zones like Nar Shaddaa i only did my Class quests there and otherwise didnt quest there. I figure i will see that planet on my next character and skip Taris or other planets where i have seen all the quests.

Im doing some pvp in between just for a bit of my filthy pleasure, shooting the crap out of melee. Did some space combat missions and will probably do more soon.

Im leveling an alt with a friend which i only log onto when my friend is also on. This gives me a break from playing a sniper and lets me try a Sith inquisitor. If my friend is not online i just crack on with my sniper.

Btw i picked up gathering skills for my sniper arch, scavenging and slicing. Leveled slicing to 400 first to get access to alot of cash to be able to send companions on missions leveling the other 2. The idea being that i can gather while queueing for pvp at max level keeping myself overflowing with cash or mats for gearing up my main and alts.

For some people leveling solo might seem a bit boring, but i think most people wanting to level up without having to wait for others will just do it that way. I spent 30 mins waiting for my mate while on my alt to move his character to pick up quests and hand some in, that i found boring. So im enjoying the story of the imperial agent story. Its 10 times better than leveling in WoW. i just hope end game pve and pvp have more to offer but also know that its very early days for SWTOR

• Advertisement

Its still fun just needs some variety like everything is kill this **** kill that touch that terminal etc.

This is star wars why not hack a droid and spy on people or some thing they could do so much more i am disappointed. And i like the space ship missions even tho it does feel like it needs a lot of work that part of the game but il be sticking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lv40 BH. Quests feel all the same. Even the mob placement seems the same. It's now always 4 mobs or 1 strong with 1/2 mobs.

Flashpoints are very buggy. Had to reset last boss of foundry three times last night cause he bugged. Very basic mechanics even for a normal flashpoint.

Infact the shiny has started to wear off and I see cracks everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Will play till endgame, still having fun @ level 30 on my Powertech, on Taris now though and most of the monsters seem to be 2-3 levels higher than me, might go back and finish my green/yellow Heroics and or try some more space missions and pvp

Only had 2 pvp encounters sofar 1st at level 27 against a 26 stealthy/melee jedi type thing that i lost as it is very ahrd to dps something that just walks through you and cc's you like crazy and 2nd against a 36 at level 29 last night who i thought was afk, he wasn't :p and he corpse camped me ><

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Still enjoying it a lot. Have a 27 scoundrel on repubic and 24 sniper on Emipre.

I try to do a mix of pvp/quests/flashpoints and space missions almost every day. Stops me getting bored doing the same thing over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Find myself playing for an hour then turning it off : /

Its enjoyable tosay the least, but there is some serious bugs and nuisances. I'm levelling as jedi defense and im having all my tank gear ninjad in flashpoints and heroics. Literally every single item ninjad, not fun at all .

I'm just going to stop doing dungeons etc and just quest quest quest

When I hit 50 I'll spec into a tank tree properly and start farming gear. The unfortunate thing however is that now, despite being an mmo, I'm being forced out on my own to play, due to the undeniable retardation I'm encoutneirng in dungeons.

I think I just need to sit down for a few nights and burst some levels, but definitly not feeling any rush, viewing streams and videos of the endgame raiding aswell ,its so buggy, and not good looking, that I dont feel a rush.

Its definitly has the look and feel of an mmo that will be around for years to come, but it just hasnt sucked me in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Find myself playing for an hour then turning it off : /

Its enjoyable tosay the least, but there is some serious bugs and nuisances. I'm levelling as jedi defense and im having all my tank gear ninjad in flashpoints and heroics. Literally every single item ninjad, not fun at all .

I'm just going to stop doing dungeons etc and just quest quest quest

When I hit 50 I'll spec into a tank tree properly and start farming gear. The unfortunate thing however is that now, despite being an mmo, I'm being forced out on my own to play, due to the undeniable retardation I'm encoutneirng in dungeons.

I think I just need to sit down for a few nights and burst some levels, but definitly not feeling any rush, viewing streams and videos of the endgame raiding aswell ,its so buggy, and not good looking, that I dont feel a rush.

Its definitly has the look and feel of an mmo that will be around for years to come, but it just hasnt sucked me in yet.

Doc i have had the same Problem with Playing Guardian , people ninjaing the gear just to sell it . to this point i have stopped playing guardian and go commando also mainy due to the fact there is feck all healer on our server.

But boredom i am not finding any love the storyline completely it makes questing so much more easy vs what wow was like . crafting i am enjoying allot but on our server we just seem to have everyone playing a jedi guardian

TheDoc wrote: »

I've had that problem with all MMOs I've played that didn't have a very rigid system for distributing gear. PuGs suck, and will always suck.

You really need to start doing dungeons/raids with a decent guild group for any of these games to come alive.

Yeah have not played in days , glad i am not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I played the beta up to cap, and if I'm completely honest, after playing it up to the last minute, decided against buying it.

It's a decent MMO, it's a bit of fun and I loved playing a Sith Guardian. But, wow. It was so buggy, broken and imbalanced in way to many places. By the end of the beta, I had no faith left in the game and knew it would be a let down.

I'd love to say that we can be more forgiving because it's an MMO, but frankly, they've been going for a long time now, and Bioware should have been more than aware that the first month is the most important time for the genre.

I plan on picking up a full copy in a month or two, on the condition it's working and playing better.

Disappointed because I am such a huge Star Wars fan, I even spent the last weekend sitting in my really really nerdy Jedi Dressing gown I got as a present to really enjoy it.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i can safely say this is the most addictive mmo i have ever played :D the story makes things so much more interesting tbh

• Advertisement

il play out my free time, i dont think il sub for now definitely check it out again at some point im really enjoying my sith juggernaut lvl 29 and a 15 sith assassin. I just did another day of kill quests same old same old mobs standing around waiting to be killed. I was expecting more from this title.

Other issue i found was replaying the game im just space barring my way through the dialogue which makes the lack lustre quest and static world all the more obvious.

I am loving tattooine the place looks massive and the entire time ive playing i saw my first republic/jedi player today yep just the 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Finding it hard to get into Heroic/Daily missions even though im a 32 tank, PvP is abit too laggy for me too so im just grinding some green quests to bring my level back inline with my class quests :(

Kinda bored

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Most of the complaints i've seen are pretty standard MMO complaints.

Random people are always stupid, enemies rarely if ever more around, 90% of tasks are about killing enemies...best way you can start to enjoy any MMO is get yourself in a guild that you like, and start playing with them. You'd be surprised how having a simple chat function can lessen your boredom.

Yes, there are bugs, but there's not an MMO out there that hasn't had bugs at launch. I'd say there are less in this than i've ever come across (though maybe i'm just lucky).

Kiith wrote: »
    Most of the complaints i've seen are pretty standard MMO complaints.

Random people are always stupid, enemies rarely if ever more around, 90% of tasks are about killing enemies...best way you can start to enjoy any MMO is get yourself in a guild that you like, and start playing with them. You'd be surprised how having a simple chat function can lessen your boredom.

Yes, there are bugs, but there's not an MMO out there that hasn't had bugs at launch. I'd say there are less in this than i've ever come across (though maybe i'm just lucky).

I'd agree completely with the above. I've seen very few bugs relatively speaking compared to what I saw at the start of WoW. SWTOR could of course be better (give me macros God damn it!) but it's got a lot of stuff baked into the UI that I've been using addons for for years (transparent map while moving is one that springs immediately to mind).

I don't know, I'm enjoying this for what it's worth and I'd recommend it to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

The game as it is now, for me anyway, is an online single player game with chat channels. I can chat for free online on any other multiple different things, don't see why I'd want to pay 13 eu a month to chat in a bland unfinished game.
    Mobs are all static and it's just lazy development, or lack therof.
    Warzones are good when playing Republic, instant games but the warzones lag badly and abilties don't queue right. Dare you button mash an ability and you'd be lucky to get one to go off.
    I've just been doing class quests and pvp to level up as anything else seems worthless and boring due to nobody in the gameworld. Well there are people in the game, huge amounts, but there's nobody to be seen in the zones due to the stupid sharding/instancing in the open world. Playing on a highly populated pvp sith realm in American primetime, 3 of us as Republicans had to force pvp on tatooine at a sith base and even then we only got 4 sith to respond.
    Huge dead worlds with dead static mobs and no players. Reminds me of playing on rubbish private servers where they haven't figured out the simple database commands to make the mobs move around.
    I've played probably every MMO there ever was but this game is badly unfinished, could have done with another 6 months beta testing by non star wars fans this time, who will speak out and tell Bioware the truth of how bad the game looks and feels to play in.
    Couldn't care less about all the prescripted dialogue, it's just annoying after the first few times. Any group we've been setting up for heroics, we ask for people who will skip the dialogues and if they don't, we boot them. They can go RP on their own time.
    Game will bomb out within 3 months, even Rift made much more of an effort than this.
    Shame too, has a lot of potential, pity EA were involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

oxo_ wrote: »
    I've played probably every MMO there ever was but this game is badly unfinished, could have done with another 6 months beta testing by non star wars fans this time, who will speak out and tell Bioware the truth of how bad the game looks and feels to play in.

this is the problem. Any complaints about how bad the game is, is meet by "GO BACK TO WOW" on the swtor forums. A lot of these people are apparently the beta testers. WoW hating beta testers are generally not the best for your game. I saw in Warhammer online and I'm seeing it here.

The whole "Well WoW launched in a worse state" argument really annoys me as it gives Bioware a free pass for launching a 2011 mmo like a 2004 mmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

oxo_ wrote: »
    Game will bomb out within 3 months, even Rift made much more of an effort than this.
    Shame too, has a lot of potential, pity EA were involved.

Have to say i enjoyed rift more than this game,was not too hard to get dungeon grps on launch, the graphics were great,always loads of people to group with to do group quests and zone invasions,battelgrounds were even not all that bad and i still quit rift after 2 months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

One good thing about buying the game on Origin - I login, open live chat and ask their customer support for a refund (as I feel the game is unfinished and unplayable in it's current form). Wait a couple minutes and he comes back and says I've been refunded. Happy days :)

Well at least I tried it and not burned too badly as I got a refund.

Yeah Cyber, Rift wasn't half bad, it just became a massive grind. It had a lot going for it though, more than SWTOR tbh. We'll see what happens in a few months, how it pans out or if they'll just keep playing on the Star Wars franchise without bothering their arses to improve stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Glad i didnt get this. I loved KOTOR and i like MMOs but nothing about it seemed really interesting. GW2 looks like its actually offering some interesting stuff. Hopefully anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone writing this off is missing out bigtime, its easily the best MMO since .... WOW actually.
    Who knows, if the cotent is there and built upon as i expect bioware to do who knows how good it will be.
    For now its a thoroughly enjoyable MMO and its Star Wars ffs :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement