Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swtor boredom

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

nesf wrote: »
    So it's honest because you agree with it and it's unduly influenced if you don't?

I never said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

oxo_ wrote: »
    I never said that.

That's how it read to me, apologies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hate to say it but i must admit to being a tad bored now @ lvl 41.
    Myself and maybe 3 other guys are the only ones ive seen logged in from my guild in the last week.
    Speaking to some lvl 50s in general chat they too are bored.
    The first 2 to 3 planets/zones actually felt like an mmo, plenty of players knocking about, since then its been a single player game virtually apart from flashpoints and some warfronts.
    Bare in mind im on one of the most populated server in Europe, always "very heavy" yet for a couple of hours i might not see another player out in the world.
    Not sure if ill be subbing past the 19th when my sub is due.
    Dont get me wrong, theres so much i enjoy about the game but for now its got boring for me.
    I could push on and hit lvl 50 to experience what endgame is there but the empty world is just so dull and would feel like a chore as opposed to enjoyment.

Could be time to head back to wow or rift for me and maybe return to swtor in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Dcully wrote: »
    Myself and maybe 3 other guys are the only ones ive seen logged in from my guild in the last week.
    The first 2 to 3 planets/zones actually felt like an mmo, plenty of players knocking about, since then its been a single player game virtually apart from flashpoints and some warfronts.
    Bare in mind im on one of the most populated server in Europe, always "very heavy" yet for a couple of hours i might not see another player out in the world.
    Dont get me wrong, theres so much i enjoy about the game but for now its got boring for me.
    I could push on and hit lvl 50 to experience what endgame is there but the empty world is just so dull and would feel like a chore as opposed to enjoyment.

Could be time to head back to wow or rift for me and maybe return to swtor in a couple of months.

The levelling pace seems to be very slow. I've restarted multiple times to see some of the starting stories taking characters to the 20s and there's always people about. It seems like there's a heavy casual population on the servers and they're in little rush to level fast. Give it a month or two when everyone is at cap and hopefully it'll feel fuller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Seems to be the general consensus now I know iv cancelled my sub, I can imagine that there will be a giant drop off on the 19th.

It's as if they made the MMO they wanted for the first 20 levels and then someone told them they have a year to finish it and so everything was rushed and half assed. Nothing screams that more then the flashpoints, one of the best instances in BT and then unoriginal boring easy mode instances from there on in.

An extremely average game, one of the worst MMO's ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you read his post for what it was instead of what you wanted to hear...you would have read that he enjoyed it but is finding the lack of people boring. This is a valid complaint and is due to over instancing of players.

However, he doesn't agree with you. He isn't with you in your "General consensus." I know this by....ye know...reading what you said and reading what he said.
    Stev_o wrote: »
    An extremely average game, one of the worst MMO's ever.

Clearly he agrees with you. Clearly. :rolleyes:

People should be able to post valid concerns about the game without out being co-opted by trolls like you and oxo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

its just shame really, i wouldnt say im a big star wars fan but i loved kotor and was looking forward this but i never really gave it much attention and just picked it up on a whim. I got to level 32-34 or some thing made a few alts to 20ish but i got bored silly with my main guy around the 30 mark. It was just average like many mmo's i felt its failing was re-playability your restricted to the same zone's same order of worlds.

I dont see anything new in this game quests bland, characters bland, world felt dead every was just underwhelming and mobs just all over the place doing nothing. The sound was awful i could be standing beside a giant bantha and hear nothing no breathing no footstep's i never once heard music after i left dromand kass for example npc chatter starting after i leave town in the middle of no where.

In the desert world giant lizzard mobs and what not just standing in the same spot. Im not talking about bugs they happen and the ui would be fixed eventually the but the game play was repetitive the story was great but story and gameplay and two different things and i didnt see any of these things reflected in any review of the game ign 9/10 g4tv 5/5 etc. I dont agree with those score's i dont see anything in the game that reflected those score's and thats why i linked that video review because its nice to see some honest opinions for once even if they are shutting down. And this game plays more like guild wars 1 than a mmorpg i would play if it had no fee and be happy to play it.

If you like the game fair enough good for you but your entitled to your opinion and i am mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Kirby wrote: »
    If you read his post for what it was instead of what you wanted to hear...you would have read that he enjoyed it but is finding the lack of people boring. This is a valid complaint and is due to over instancing of players.

However, he doesn't agree with you. He isn't with you in your "General consensus." I know this by....ye know...reading what you said and reading what he said.

Clearly he agrees with you. Clearly. :rolleyes:

People should be able to post valid concerns about the game without out being co-opted by trolls like you and oxo.

Or maybe you should realise that I quoted him on one part and then talked about something completely different? Jesus Christ talk about sensitive, iv played with Dcully before and Iv known his thoughts about this game since day one. The general concenus is that the game is empty and quite boring the longer you play.

But of course your super sensitive about any sort of criticism the game comes under and must dissect every sentence of a poster and call them a "troll". Grow up ffs.

Stev_o wrote: »
    call them a "troll".

Criticism is normal. The game is very flawed and nobody has any issue with pointing that out. But there are trolls in here like you and oxo who hang around after they have cancelled their subs and continue to bag on the game. By your own admission you aren't playing anymore. When most people don't like something, they say so. And then they move on to something else they enjoy. They don't keep coming back into the threads discussing the game and telling everyone how clever they are for unsubscribing and trying to justify their position.

That's what seperates discussion from trolling.

Anybody who has read my posts knows that I have citicised the game already. I've mentioned its overly heavy handed instancing making it harder to group. I have also criticised the maintenance time. I have criticised severely the lack of punishment for death. Several times as its an issue I feel strongly on.

The game has lots of areas where its poor on. I'm not some fanboy and I'm certainly not "super sensitive". I just don't like trolling which is what this forum has seen a good bit of recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I like the game and would otherwise have continued to play but my laptop if getting some serious graphical errors (Rainbow + blender = my screen) and before it did that it ran at about 20fps, my main pc which i'm only able to use at weekends runs it fine but i'm not paying a sub to play 2 days out of the week.

Anyone know if how long before my account gets deleted and if i cancel the subscription for next month that i had to set up what will happen to the 2 weeks i have left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Varik wrote: »

Anyone know if how long before my account gets deleted and if i cancel the subscription for next month that i had to set up what will happen to the 2 weeks i have left.

Mmos dont delete inactive accounts, you can stop playing for 6 months and come back and your account will still be as you left it..

regarding the laptop issues, bioware knows all about the problems but they are purposely not giving out enough information to the community regarding what they are doin and when it will be fixed

there is detailed posts customers have made about the ingame graphic settings, there is no high setting for high quality resolutions,there is only low and medium,bioware have changed medium to say high but it is still only medium settings so it is in fact false advertising on biowares part that they ship a game that says it has a certain quality of graphics but when you log into the game the graphics are not of the quality advertised.. they are ripping us off left and right with this unfinished game,they were clearly well behind schedule with it but they had to release it before christmas no matter what state the game was in

Varik wrote: »
    I like the game and would otherwise have continued to play but my laptop if getting some serious graphical errors (Rainbow + blender = my screen) and before it did that it ran at about 20fps, my main pc which i'm only able to use at weekends runs it fine but i'm not paying a sub to play 2 days out of the week.

If you cancel your subscription your account remains active and you can go back to it at any time. It doesn't get deleted.

If you cancel you can keep playing for the two weeks you paid for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The most enjoyable aspect of the game to me is healing flashpoints and a small few warfronts.
    The healing mechanics of the bounty hunter/trooper and the imperial agent/smuggler are possibly the best ive ever played,absolutely fantastic imo.
    Even if the flashpoints themselves are poor theres enough going on healing wise with these classes to kep me entertained during a flashpoint.
    A very close second would be the chloromancer in rift, another fantastic mechanic.
    Its an absolute breath of fresh air to see such clever and enjoyable mechanics at work,you really have to be clever about what heals to use.
    Kudos to Bioware and Trion.

Just to clear up the little debate above.
    I love a lot about the game,is there an endgame to satisfy me? i really dont know but would love to find out.

BUT and its a big but to me, the final 9 levels from 41 to 50 would be so painful in the games current state, i would have no hesitation working on getting to 50 if there were simply more people about.
    I need to have people milling about,even if im not grouping with them it just feels like an mmo.
    Thats one of the reasons i never really liked guild wars, out in the world it was just bots.
    I dunno lads but i just need to fell part of a living breathing world in an mmo, if that basic aspect or feature if you like isnt there i just cannot play it,to me personally it just doesnt feel right.
    Level 1-25 or 30 was fantastic, it really was.
    Im not expecting everyone to agree with me but its just my own personal opinion.
    Fingers crossed bioware address the issues, the game has great potential.
    Hand on heart i cant help thinking they wasted some valuable resources crafting the stories and cutscenes.
    Would it not be better spent on content?
    Again i dont expect everyone to agree with me, people love stories, i enjoyed the stories also to a point, that point being when it seemed to get in the way of things in some ways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My main, and only real complaint, is the instancing. It's stupidly small, making the worlds seem totally empty. You see a handful of people in the world, other than when in the hubs, and even that, it's only a few. They really need to dramatically redure the number of instances, or remove them all together. I've never liked instancing in games anyway.

Other than that, i've no major complaints. I'm not playing much though, as i just don't really have much time lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm going to go ahead and lock this now. Threads run its course, people have gotten a little heated, and I think the subject matter has been well and truly done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Having reviewed the matter, we feel that this issue may not have run its course and that some people may still wish to continue to discuss the topic. Therefore, if anyone would like to create a new thread with the same title and continue the discussion, no action will be taken by the MMO forum moderation team.

Please just try to keep it civil as you all have worked hard to do in this thread. This type of topic is always going to bring about a passionate and heated debate and care should be taken to ensure it doesn't escalate into a passionate torrent of abuse. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement