Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marine tank cheaply and less time consuming

Options
  • 26-12-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I used to be into fish in a big way about 2-3 years back, I got into Marine and boy was it good fun! I gave it up due to a lack of time as I went back to school to do my leaving cert, I am now in college so have even less time but I really wish I could get back into this hobby.

I have pretty much all the equipment, 2 tanks 60L and 120L, the 60L was going to be my quarantine tank but never got a chance to use it and the 120L was my tank, I had corals, a clownfish, a royal gamma plus a large clean up crew. Things went bad when I lost both the clown and the gamma to ich and I ended up with red algae, can't remember the name of it all over the tank. I just gave up after that.

I was thinking of setting up the 60L as it might be easier to keep, I know however that the systems can be harder to keep and can be devastated more easily. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't see why a 60L is easier to keep than a 120L apart from a slightly less amount of work during water changes. What part of it did you find difficult to maintain before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I don't see why a 60L is easier to keep than a 120L apart from a slightly less amount of work during water changes. What part of it did you find difficult to maintain before?

When the algae appeared, I was constantly doing water changes and seeing as it was a big tank, mixing etc. it was massive headache.

Advertisement