Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is South Mall Passport office open tomorrow 27th?

Options
  • 26-12-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hello all,

would anyone know whether the South Mall Passport office is open tomorrow 27th??

I'm flying to Spain on 5th of jan and have no passport!!!! it expired :-/

I have to get a bus up from limerick to the office and be outside it the second it opens but i don't know if that will be 27th or 28th, and every day counts cos of all the public holidays this time of year.

thank you all in advance xxxxxxxxxxx

(PS if anyone knows about the cheapest buses limerick to cork it wwould save me making another post...)

thanks again!!!!!!!!! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

hello all,

would anyone know whether the South Mall Passport office is open tomorrow 27th??

I'm flying to Spain on 5th of jan and have no passport!!!! it expired :-/

I have to get a bus up from limerick to the office and be outside it the second it opens but i don't know if that will be 27th or 28th, and every day counts cos of all the public holidays this time of year.

thank you all in advance xxxxxxxxxxx

(PS if anyone knows about the cheapest buses limerick to cork it wwould save me making another post...)

thanks again!!!!!!!!! :-)

Given that Christmas was Sunday, I'd be very surprised if any - government - offices would be open tomorrow. Doesn't it normally take about 4 weeks to get a passport anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Tomorrow is a bank holiday technically so I don't think it'll be open!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

Thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

I walked past it a few days ago and I'm pretty sure a sign in the window said it would not open until the 3rd January.

OH NO :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

OH NO :-(

Did you try calling the Emergency Duty officer? They would know. They might even issue you one if the office is closed. A friend once got one on a Sunday, but they charge a lot extra and you need to go to Dublin.

i may just end up not going! i only have about €100 spending money and this will be spent getting to cork and paying for the passport LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just checked their website and they say that an emergency passport can be gotten within 5 days, this costs 55 euro in addition to the 80 for the passport.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=259

thanks oafley x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Just checked their website and they say that an emergency passport can be gotten within 5 days, this costs 55 euro in addition to the 80 for the passport.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=259

When they say it will take "a minimum of three days" do they mean three working days or calendar days? The out of hours service for temporary passports is a hell of a lot more expensive and you still have to apply for a proper one afterwards

Remember you will need to provide copies of all your travel documents with the application - your flight itineraries etc.

Also, as you are flying to Spain, you will need your passport number for the Advance Passenger Information if you are checking in online before you depart from the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's 3 working days.

Advertisement