Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock

Options
  • 26-12-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the record swim was achieved yesterday in Blackrock there was a massive crowd there watching.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can't see from the cope Facebook if they did get the record but I was out with my brothers around 11.30 and there was a decent crowd even with the fierce wind and rain !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

very few people actually went swimming. most just ran into the water with t-shirt and santa hat,waded in to knee level, screamed, danced around and went out again. the water was a lot warmer than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

yup, easiest year in years, water didn't feel cold at all.

plus i cycled out there so i was pretty much saturated by the time i got there so it wasn't a big deal to jump in the sea.

Advertisement