Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOF XIII Belfast Ranking Battles Session 1: Saturday 4.2.2012

Options
  • 26-12-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

W1XFtl.jpg

A season of KOF XIII ranking battles will commence in Belfast on February 4th. A few details are still TBC, but they will be run along mostly the same lines as the SSF4AE ranbats Roogle ran last year.

- There will be six sessions, two or three weeks apart from each other, depending on clashes with other events.
    - The DLC characters (EX Kyo, EX Iori, Mr. Karate) will probably be available.
    - Points will be distributed as follows:
    1st: 10
    2nd: 6
    3rd: 4
    4th: 3
    =5th: 2 each
    =7th: 1 each
    - The tournament format will probably be double elimination brackets all the way through, run using Challonge.
    - All matches will be decided by the best two out of three games.
    - In the grand final, the player who came from the loser's bracket must win an extra set.
    - Entry will be free.
    - Get hype!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Sign me up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Quick update: the next Slayers24 will probably take place on the 4th-5th of February. If so, I might move the start time back by an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

This is on the same day as Inferno?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

ayjayirl wrote: »
    This is on the same day as Inferno?
    Yep. Posted long before Inferno was confirmed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Has there been much interest in this? I've spoken to quite a few people around DS who said they were really impressed by the game, but I haven't seen any of them actually play it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Im gonna bring my xbox again but i'll need one lucky person to insert their disc into my xbox and hope it doesn't total it. well im gonna hoke around and see whos selling theirs

Some more updates:

- Right now we're looking at two setups, at least one of which will have the DLC characters (thanks, SirAuronDX).
    - The format will still be double elimination all the way through, but instead of Challonge I will be following Day of Champions' lead and using Tournament Maker 2.1.
    - Since there will indeed be a Slayers24 on the weekend of the 4th (and therefore we will literally have all day to complete the tournament), the tournament will now probably start at 3pm. I say probably, because I am considering starting at 9pm or so to give people time to get here after Inferno, but if no-one is interested in attending both (or if Inferno simply isn't going to end in time) it will be a 3pm start.
    - Here's the provisional schedule for the season:
    Session 1: Feb 4th
    Session 2: Feb 18th
    Session 3: Mar 10th
    Session 4: Mar 24th (CXC4 side event)
    Session 5: Apr 14th
    Session 6: Apr 28th

Results:

1. SADX
    2. Scavenger XIII
    3. Yreval
    4. Andrew
    5. Matthew
    5. Stephen M
    7. Alastair
    7. Metty
    9. Jason

GGs and thanks to everyone who took part, in particular SADX and one of the other participants (not sure who, sorry!) for providing setups. Footage of the grand final and maybe the losers' semifinal will be on YouTube soon. Next session should be at the same venue on the 18th (two weeks from now) - I hope to see you there.

EDIT: Grand final is on YouTube:

Advertisement