Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Katie Taylor. Do you think you could beat her in a fight?

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Lavezzi

Men these days are poisoned with so much estrogen that they can no longer be considered men. ANY man that loses a fight to ANY woman (no matter how well trained) is not really a man at all.

I'd have her running home to her mama in 10 seconds flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Lavezzi wrote: »

To get bandages and splints for your injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Men these days are poisoned with so much estrogen that they can no longer be considered men. ANY man that loses a fight to ANY woman (no matter how well trained) is not really a man at all.

But you're poisoned with oestrogen too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Lavezzi

Dudess wrote: »
    But you're poisoned with oestrogen too?

Nope. I don't live in Ireland, and when I did, I had my own organic garden where I grew and ate purely organically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

She'd be running home to your mama... "Mrs Lavezzi your son **** the togs when i hit him a few slaps, have you a spare pair for him".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Nope. I don't live in Ireland, and when I did, I had my own organic garden where I grew and ate purely organically.

How are Irish people being poisoned by oestrogen? Are they putting it in the water or food?

If so, who are "they?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They only thing you've made run in your life is your feces. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

How are Irish people being poisoned by oestrogen? Are they putting it in the water or food?

If so, who are "they?"
    The zionists apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dudess wrote: »
    The zionists apparently.

Ah yes, I've come across this poster before, under different guises. I thought his posts were familiar.

Poor Katie, indoctrinated by the zionist media into being unfeminine and becoming a boxer.

If only she knew how happy she'd be serving a husband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Damn those Zionists.

I hate the way they make me put exactly 1½ sugars in my tea and make me check out websites that don't tow-the-line.

Feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

peteclarke wrote: »
    All these points about how great her boxing is. I agree. She is an amazing boxer. However, we are not talking about boxing. She has never been kicked in the leg. Never been clinched.

Your thinking about this waaay too much.

Threads like this are a bit of craic.

Tbh most lads here couldn't do a leg kick and follow it with anything, like their stupid windmill punches their kicks would be nothing better than soccer kicks to her fanny - they'd be terrified of eating a few solids in the snot from her and mess up their range.

And so Joe Blogs in Templebar bullies his way into a clinch, whats he got in his toolbox then?.

Too many UFC/TapouT/Affliction/Badboy t-shirt wearing fan boys about town these days :D

Id love to see her wallop the head off Bernard Dunne. She would too.

Edz87 wrote: »
    Id love to see her wallop the head off Bernard Dunne. She would too.

Why?.

Bernard Dunne is a terribly decent bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Hmmm, will mickey dolenz steal your avatar now Makikomi? :)

Couldn't bate me way out of a paper bag at the moment, would have to fall over and let the weight burst it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Ah yes, gardening. The manliest of pursuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

Your thinking about this waaay too much.

Threads like this are a bit of craic.

Tbh most lads here couldn't do a leg kick and follow it with anything, like their stupid windmill punches their kicks would be nothing better than soccer kicks to her fanny - they'd be terrified of eating a few solids in the snot from her and mess up their range.

And so Joe Blogs in Templebar bullies his way into a clinch, whats he got in his toolbox then?.

Too many UFC/TapouT/Affliction/Badboy t-shirt wearing fan boys about town these days :D

Not thinking too much about it. I just think girls and boxing fans are taking this conversation the wrong way. Nobody is taking anything away from Katie. She is a legend. Nobody has even said they would beat her in a boxing match.

Joe would awkwardly fall on top of her and possibly unwittingly take her to the ground. (as most fights end up there) He would than hold her with one arm and punch her with the other. Her great boxing skills doesnt mean she could summon incredible strength beyond her small size, and simply push her much bigger opponent away.

I agree. Way too many ufc/tapout etc ''fan boys'' around. They are usually skin heads and in alot of cases, bouncers.

Joe would awkwardly fall on top of her and possibly unwittingly take her to the ground. (as most fights end up there)

Its a fallacy that most fights end up on the ground.. Most schoolboy fights end up on the ground, most adults n(thankfully) never fight and think this is always case - its not.
    I agree. Way too many ufc/tapout etc ''fan boys'' around. They are usually skin heads and in alot of cases, bouncers.

Oh sly digs and a little dirty boxing, I'm cool with that bro ;)

Btw I haven't been kicked, punched and thrown on my head enough that I develope memory loss either!..
    If makikomi is half the bully/trouble maker in real life as he is on boards, he would be using his training a few times a day

Now grow up and start acting like a bloody adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...ate food fertilised with your own shite, ye mean.

Hmmmmm.

You have feelings for them, don't you? Not feelings of hostility.....feelings of longing.....

Don't deny them. Let them out. This is a safe space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Sexist pig you. :pac:

Katie is an Irish Hero.

She'd beat the crap out of you I reckon... :cool:

Women are inferior athletes.Why would we celebrate her success?
    It would be like celebrating a medal in the Special Olympics for gods sake.

lynchy101 wrote: »

You're a charmer, you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Another one to ignore IMO:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

lynchy101 wrote: »

Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

teednab-el wrote: »
    Id say the only way you would have any chance against her is that you would have to be a pretty good boxer, kickboxer, BJJ, and krav maga expert combined. And you would have to be excellent too and be strong. Most people here couldnt beat Katie. Fact.

Ok, so you would have to be excellent at 4 different types of fighting to beat Katie in a fight? Surely a man who was excellent at boxing alone would be in with a chance of beating her due to the weight and height advantage.

We get that she's a good boxer but there is no need to exaggerate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I'd like to think that she'd beat me off alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

Nodin wrote: »

Hmmmmm.

You have feelings for them, don't you? Not feelings of hostility.....feelings of longing.....

Don't deny them. Let them out. This is a safe space.

Possibly the worst joke I have ever read.
    Unless you want to post about the katie taylor discussion please dont waste everyones time with you gags.

PM me anymore halarious accusations

Possibly the worst joke I have ever read.

Joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

In a ring. Not a hope in hell. She'd probably beat the bulk of amateur male fighters in a similar weight category. It's all about technique.

As a side point, I think she is hot.

As a side point, I think she is hot.

...this is true. Doubtless being surrounded by young muscled folk has given her the taste for the older well padded man. I reckon I'm in with a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

It's astonishing how some men have what's called a 'glass jaw'. Usually the bigger mouthy men and ones who would dare pull a woman's hair or hit her, all that type of thing. Also men who boast about beating a female athlete, they are probably a little too much in touch with their feminine side. One good punch from a fit woman usually knocks the bullyboy out of these buckos. Now, if that woman was Katie Taylor...well my money is on her - every time, no matter how big the 'man' is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

If Katie said she wasn't in the mood, you wouldn't ask a second time.

agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

one thing i noticed about Katie she bounces in and out a few times and attacks on the 4th bounce ususlly maybe the 5th now and then but mostly the 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

disappointing that there wasnt as much hype for the nevin fight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Isn't there an already more up to date thread on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

disappointing that there wasnt as much hype for the nevin fight..

He's nowhere near as talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Jasus, Katie must be an awful threat to the male ego, the amount of "could you beat her" threads doing the rounds. I hired a lad who is a feckin man mountain recently, was convinced I could beat him at arm wrestling. Discovered rapidly that in reality I couldn't. Much the same thing really. Yes, yes I am training vigourously for the re-match in a months time.I'll feckin show him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    He's nowhere near as talented.

So the more talented the athlete the bigger the flag you wave? :rolleyes:

Isn't the Olympics about supporting your nation?

This is exactly what is wrong with people in this country and what I was getting at in the other thread about the hype surrounding Katie Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Bad Panda wrote: »
    So the more talented the athlete the bigger the flag you wave? :rolleyes:

Isn't the Olympics about supporting your nation?

This is exactly what is wrong with people in this country and what I was getting at in the other thread about the hype surrounding Katie Taylor.

Wasn't waving any flag myself to be honest. She had a greater chance of winning therefore there was more hype. I wouldn't get over-worried about it if I was you.

There's a more recent thread over in the red corner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement