Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live down for anyone

Options
  • 26-12-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering is xbox live down for anyone else at the moment? The network test is getting to the internet but failing on the connection to xbox live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

never mind it seems to be randomly coming back on now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm with UPC and I'm having all sorts of issues tonight and this afternoon. Random 503 errors on boards, laggy youtube playback and other webpage time outs on other sites. The o2 network is very slow too all day, any apps I try to use on my phone take an age to load up and have time out errors.

I haven't got near XBL yet but I think it's all related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SterlingPrice

I just tried to log on to Xbox Live now and it wouldn't connect. Tested the connection and it came up that there is an issue with accounts and to go to xbox.com/servicealerts.

It's saying there...

"Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
    Viewing messages on Xbox.com
    We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience"

Anyone know what's going on because I can't seem to log on at all!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Here is a handy link to check in the future if it is a service problem or just on your end

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone have problems with live now?

Service Status on the site says
    Account
    Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
    We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

But I can't connect to live at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Special Ops

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone have problems with live now?

Service Status on the site says
    Account
    Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
    We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

But I can't connect to live at all

Been up and down all day for me. No COD and no Netflix. Just can't log in or say in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Been fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

There is currently a service alert, it's been there all afternoon for me. http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

There is currently a service alert, it's been there all afternoon for me. http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status
    That has been there since Sunday, and it shouldnt affect your ability to connect to Live

it affected mine, and a few of my XBL friends. it's weird though as it says it's only to functions on xbox.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mine was up and down all day yesterday. Would not connect to live at all, retarted my modem and that solved the issue for a few hours.

Took another half hour of it disconnecting and reconnecting before finally holding last night. Pain in the hole!

Mine was up and down all day yesterday. Would not connect to live at all, retarted my modem and that solved the issue for a few hours.

Took another half hour of it disconnecting and reconnecting before finally holding last night. Pain in the hole!
    Seriously, have had no trouble at all!

Meesared wrote: »
    Seriously, have had no trouble at all!

Really? Thats annoying! Yesterday morning we were trying to watch netflix and it was an error message - 'Could not connect to xbox live'.

Last night it was just disconnecting, I would reconnect, it'd be fine for like 2 mins and then disconnect once more.

I was playing Deus Ex last night, then about 2 hours of Doctor Who on Netflix, and it didnt disconnect once :/

Meesared wrote: »
    I was playing Deus Ex last night, then about 2 hours of Doctor Who on Netflix, and it didnt disconnect once :/

Missus has been on it today and no trouble. And I didnt have any trouble before yesterday. It's just really annoying when it happens! Hope it will stay ok now!

Major Nelson has RT some XBL tech guy on twitter who confirms that there is an ISP related problem causing people not being able to connect to live.
    thevowel e
    We're still seeing some European users have issues with LIVE, especially via Virgin. Xbox LIVE is healthy, it's an ISP issue getting to us.

Heh Virgin having issues with Live NEVER! /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Im UPC and stil cannot get into XBL, internet connects fine, pis*ing me off now

On UPC here and im watching Doctor Who on Netflix on my 360 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

On UPC, same with all yesterday.. I wish I had read this thread before I rebuilt my router two or three times..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

If I ever have those problems I just clear cache on the memory and redownload my profile and it normally works fine.

It takes me over 2 hours to re-download my profile, that's not really an option for me.

It doesnt take anywhere near as long with the new dash

Nooope, still takes 2 and a bit hours for me.

Christ how long did it take you with the old system?

Took anywhere between 2-3 hours, I've been onto MS lots of times over this, they really haven't a clue. I think it has to do with my gamerscore, which is just about 70,000. There's a lot of achievement history to download i'd imagine, i may be wrong though.

Mine takes less than 5 minutes with 30,000 Gamerscore :/

dayum that's quick, it might be an error on MS's side maybe.

It did used to take 30 minutes on the old system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well its goin on/off for me nw what a pain in the hole this never happend b4 i put netflix on da xbox

Advertisement