Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live down for anyone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On UPC and can't get in at all, everything else is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭dmullaney

Ditto, tried talking with xbox support on twitter... They're ****

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

have ye tried to enter manual DNS entries? Try using openDNS or google DNS

yea i tried using google DNS, not OpenDNS - no help.

Mine seems to be coming up fine but dies one I try to sign into Netflix.. Really odd

• Advertisement

out of interest, are you using the standard UPC modem? Have you got another router attached to it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mines ****ed too also upc. Just today, and possibly last night.

Mines the standard Thompson upc modem/router

I reckon its probably some new packet shaping policy on the upc side. They'll probably fix it soon enough

AFAIK, there's a check box on the modem's configuration settings which did this to me sometimes, i disabled it and my live stopped dropping. I think it's called "IP flood detection". Try doing a ping test on pingtest.net, try one before and after disabling that setting. You could try disabling the firewall too, but do this at your own risk, make sure all your computers have virus protection if you do this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I know you're just trying to help, but I've been on xbox live for 5 years or so, this isn't a little troubleshotting on our end it's a change made by UPC or XBL, I haven't been having a raft of issues, just me and someone else have as of today not been able to connect.

• Advertisement

It was most certainly a change on MS's end, they had post a tweet a week ago saying that live is working intermittently with some european ISPs. I posted a link on the first page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

It was most certainly a change on MS's end, they had post a tweet a week ago saying that live is working intermittently with some european ISPs. I posted a link on the first page of this thread.
    Nope its not, its working fine for me, and that was just Virgin, noone else, and it has since been fixed.

Meesared wrote: »
    Nope its not, its working fine for me, and that was just Virgin, noone else, and it has since been fixed.

wow, once again you say it's working fine for you. Clap Clap.

Read the other posts, lots of others are having problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I know but im just shooting down someone elses uninformed opinion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, chill pill please.

-mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Down again for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Working away for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Special Ops

Well its goin on/off for me nw what a pain in the hole this never happend b4 i put netflix on da xbox
    I'm with vodafone and yeah since Netflix went on. It seems OK now. Using netgear modem

Advertisement