Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Oz with baby

Options
  • 27-12-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi, I really hope someone can give me some advice.
    Myself and my partner are 24 and have a six month old daughter. He has family (aunts, uncles and cousins) living over there years. I have a lump sum that would set us up with somewhere to live and keep us going if we couldn't get work right away. We don't really have any qualifications though, I've worked in customer service roles for years for a number of different contracts including government and my partners have always been labouring jobs but now can't get work.
    We would really love to relocate but I find it mind boggling I can't seem to find any relevant info on the net.
    Could we get in? Even for a year? Where do we start?
    Sorry if I've included too much or too little information but I'd appreciate any input or advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I would have a read of this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056170937

although the WHV is definitely out.

and the Skilled migration is probably out due to lack of skills and qualifications and family sponsorship (what bits of it still exist) still requires you to have skills and qualifications.

Your best shot is try and get your relatives to find you some sort of 457 sponsor for yourself (if you qualify), your partner being a labourer is not skilled and not going be on the Skilled Occupation list.

Its getting harder to migrate here, higher hoops and more of them.

Advertisement