Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Do You the Fans Want From a MMA Show Next Year.

• 27-12-2011 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All,

I would like to see the following from MMA show next year,

Fill in below..

1 -
    2 -
    3 -
    4 -
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -
    8 -
    9 -
    10 -

Regards All.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

ethanhawk wrote: »
    1 - No bull ****.

2 - No waiting 20 min for the next fight.

3 - No **** national anthem.

4 - A fan vote to see a least one fight at next show.

5 - A catch weight tournament.

6 - More then one match maker.

7 - Cheaper tickets.

8 - More money for your ticket.

9 - Reduced price for bundle tickets.

10 - Not the same refs all the time.

11 - Better entrance for fighters,IE music more buzz.

12 - Better ring announcer, add least some one that interacts with crowd.

13 - Ladies Division.

14 - More then 1 or 2 Clubs always in valved.

15 - More information about different clubs in your area. [And mybe even sign up for a free class].

16 - Sexier ring girls [ all though cant complain to much].
    Your list is a little confusing.
    What do you mean bull**** ?
    Why a catchweight tournament?
    More money for your ticket?
    They use the same refs because they are the best refs we have available in this country. There are ladies divisons just not a whole lot of ladies fighters available. In Valved? Have you been drinking? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If I could get off my lazy ass and actually go to one of these shows, I could offer suggestions.

Ooh, I was trying to think of a new years resolution. Think I have one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I would like to see the following from MMA show next year,.
    1 - No bull ****.

In all walks of life you will encounter BS, MMA is no different
    2 - No waiting 20 min for the next fight.

strongly agree, the reason the Rumble has the best Atmosphere is because it starts on time and there is no gaps at all, just fight, announce then fight again.
    3 - No **** national anthem.

If it's an international fight i don't see a problem, if it's not then i think it's unnecessary
    5 - A catch weight tournament.
    I don't know why, Catrh weight is very Random and could mean anything
    10 - Not the same refs all the time.
    Using the best refs is only a good thing, i would like to see 3-4 new refs come in and be able to gain experience under the present refs though.
    11 - Better entrance for fighters,IE music more buzz.

The fighters pick there own music just like in the UFC
    12 - Better ring announcer, add least some one that interacts with crowd.

I do think the ring announcers could be better but i don't think there going to make or break a show either way.
    13 - Ladies Division. .

we already have them, there just very shallow and thats simply doen to not many ladies doing MMA.
    15 - More information about different clubs in your area. [And mybe even sign up for a free class].

Most clubs do 1st class free and if you ever want to know about clubs in your area just ask.
    Please help and grow this great wonderful sport and suggest some things your self.

It would be nice if this made a change or 2 for the better.

My suggestion would be coaches all pulling in the same direction as there is certain clubs who definetly try to get easy fights rather than 50/50 fights, i obviously wont name any, but most coaches are aware of clubs who always play there fighters down or when given same experience fighters to match there own turn it down-thats trying to get easy matches in my opinion.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

1) - A moat filled with alligators surrounding the cage.

2) - As far as refs go, an alligator in a ref suit would be awesome

3) - Bonus points for executing a 'Gator Roll

4) - Bring in Jacaré to fight an actual alligator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1.) Another MMA event in Limerick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Like Paul id like to see far less mismatches. there is a difference between a promoter/coach babyin their fighter and setting up an outright mismatch. I've seen one massive one already for next year. if i knew who the ref was going to be id feel obliged to inform them aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Shouldn't be difficult to find out who the ref is?
    Like Paul id like to see far less mismatches. there is a difference between a promoter/coach babyin their fighter and setting up an outright mismatch. I've seen one massive one already for next year. if i knew who the ref was going to be id feel obliged to inform them aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

sheehy83 wrote: »
    1.) Another MMA event in Limerick!!
    Good idea, would love to see more shows around the country, the boys from spirit mma ran a show in December in Kerry and it was great, the mma clinic amateur fight night 2 is coming up in March in Cork aswell.
    The dubs get all the fun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I'd like to see more international match ups. Bring some yanks here so Irish fighters can give them The Bull McCabe experience and get some names on their records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

A ladder match with the belt hung above the cage would be sweet!

Would post fight interviews at smaller shows be a good or a bad thing i wonder?

A stand selling some gear at events could be a good investment. I know they have it at Cage Contender and some other big shows and I like looking through some of the shorts, rash guards etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Pole dancers... you an never have enough Pole dancers at an event.

And no, I am not referring to some drunken Polish dude gyrating to a fighters entrance tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ethanhawk

Have to say people talk to much but when its comes down to it yeah havent got the bottle PLEASE say what you feel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Have to say people talk to much but when its comes down to it yeah havent got the bottle PLEASE say what you feel.
    Like what? Like the way you spoke your mind and then edited your first post? C'mon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd like to see more international match ups. Bring some yanks here so Irish fighters can give them The Bull McCabe John Donnelly experience and get some names on their records.

:D

Advertisement