Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers/Door policy in Australia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Zambia wrote: »
    The photo is there that if you assault someone in the venue you are identified by police later.

They will have video/witnesses of the assault with the clothes on you.
    They have a picture of you in those clothes and your id.

Even better. I'm more than happy to have to stand in the queue for an extra few minutes if it means some prick who starts a fight or glasses someone can get done for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Got asked for a passport going into Turf Bar in Melbourne last night (wednesday night). First time in my year here that I have been asked for a passport. They wouldn't accept anything else. It's not like Turf Bar is a classy establishment. It's a slimey, disgusting, sports-bar, backpacker joint. In a way, these kn0bheads at the doors of these places are encouraging me to stay away, and not drink as much, so maybe they are doing a good job in that regard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Maybe it's the places I go to but I have had no problem with door staff in either Ireland or Australia for years. The only time I can remember being refused entry in the last 10 years was going into the George in Dublin for mates leaving party and it was absolutely packed so didn't really bother me.

I usually say hello to the bouncers and make eye contact with them and in general they are more likely to say hello back and open the door for me rather than give me grief.

In fact I remember bouncers in Coppers stoping some dude from bringing my mate out of the club after her drink was spiked, probably saving her from being assaulted. On a another occasion bouncers ran across the street and saved my ass after some cowardly fooks randomly hit me in the back of the head with bottle and started kicking me while I was knocked out.
    For all the crap they get most of them do a decent job and you could be glad to see them if you end up in a chyte situation some night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

This story about PJ's doesn't surprise me at all, there's two of the bouncers in there who are just trying regularly to get lads riled up for a row. I basically had the same situation last night there but I asked them to call over the main doorman who I know and then I got in. I was after going out for a smoke after about 3 pints and the lad wanted me gone!

Advertisement