Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time between reporting posts

Options
  • 27-12-2011 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

any update on removing this 60 second lag for mods?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

This isn't a matter of changing a simple setting, there is no way to set flood check intervals for user groups. As such this request will require core vBulletin code changes and they're not something we take on lightly.

There are no updates at this time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How about a multi-report button which reports several spam posts in one go? (i.e. creates one post)

Why are you reporting spam? Report it to the feedback thread, that's what it's there for. A mod gets rid of spam in their forum, an admin gets rid of sitewide spam for that user.

To answer more directly, there is probably less effort to decrease or remove floodchecking for reports for mod usergroups than adding in a multiple-post report feature.

Just a time saver really. You often get spammers who register a load of similar accounts and post the same thread a dozen times. Reporting each account individually takes ages.

Ehh :confused:

Click thread -> Report -> Enter "spam" as reason -> submit reported post.
    Right click author of spam thread from forum listing -> Copy profile link -> Open bookmarked spam thread -> paste link -> submit spam report :)

Got more than one account to report? Paste multiple accounts :D Or just say "X forum is getting hammered" when you post your spam report. Reporting spammy posts will only alert mods of the forum, they can clean up their own forum and/or category but not the site. It's why we have the feedback thread :)

/offtopic

• Advertisement

I can't get a useful context menu from the thread author's name. If I left-click on the name it opens the profile but right-clicking just gives me the normal menu from clicking on a non-hyperlink part of a page so I have to open the profile and copy/paste both the username and profile link (at least, that's what I always do to make it easier if several people report the same spammer). That's all assuming the spammer is the first person to post in the thread.

Generally in my own forum I'll first ban the spammer then go back into the thread and remove the spam and finally go to the profile and post the link and name and reason to the thread in feedback.

There's probably a much easier way to do all this that I'm not aware of

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement