Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat loves my glass!!

• 27-12-2011 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

She always has fresh water, but whenever I leave down a glass she does this.

photoon20121227at0305.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

dont u know people water is sooooooooooo much better than cat water??? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just say thank god it ain't Heineken ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My cats do this too, but usually the only time I use a glass is to take solpadine so I need to be careful where I leave it! An old cat of mine loved a good cuppa tea if we left him in the room with it... And my current cats like to steal the cream from my coffee, have to be extra careful if the coffee is Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My cat does the exact same even though theres 3 bowls around the place for him to drink from. I often wake up in the night with him slurping out of the glass i bring to bed with me.They must think its extra special water if we drink it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

rats too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,524 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Very inconsiderate. Would you not use a shallower glass to make it easier for your cat? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

That is so cute! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

An old cat of mine loved a good cuppa tea

My guy loves a nice cuppa and will drink from a glass if I leave it beside my bed
    imag0005zq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

My cat is the same, a human water drinker, none of that stuff left in identical glass by his food...:rolleyes:
    So before the kids were born I used to have his glass left on top of coffee table, on window sill ... One well full up really clean glass of fresh (just has to be fresh as fresh can be) water. One of them Dunnes large plastic outdoor glasses/tumblers (that's what I have for myself too as I break a lot :o).
    Well, a great number of my friends would go : ohhh... mind if I drink your water ? And off they went, drinking the cat's water :)

I only told some of them ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Mine is exactly the same.. But he is fascinated with sparkling water :confused:
    And now, he is attracted to coffee!! Some cats behave like human beings!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

My cat won't drink out of a bowl. I have to keep cups of water around the place for him. He would rather die of thirst than degrade himself by drinking out of a bowl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

My cats do this too, but usually the only time I use a glass is to take solpadine so I need to be careful where I leave it! An old cat of mine loved a good cuppa tea if we left him in the room with it... And my current cats like to steal the cream from my coffee, have to be extra careful if the coffee is Irish!

Whats the difference if the coffee is Irish? I bought that Bewleys stuff from Dunnes a few months ago, its just coffee......

Do you mean its some kind of alcoholic version? I used to live in Tenerife and all the cafes and bars sold this thing called "carajillo" which is coffee with brandy. I wasnt a huge fan of it, but most of my mates loved it. I reckon it would be nice while out on a cold day in the hills or something!

Irish coffee is black coffee with whisky and cream, and the cats like to try steal the cream from the top so they would end up getting quite drunk! I didnt mean a brand of coffee from Ireland!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Irish coffee is black coffee with whisky and cream, and the cats like to try steal the cream from the top so they would end up getting quite drunk! I didnt mean a brand of coffee from Ireland!:D

Whisky in coffee? OMG I cant imagine that, sounds rank! I guess its all down to taste. I hate whisky. Whenever Ive met foreigners they've always said to me "ah youre Scottish, you have great whisky there" or words to that effect. They are always so disappointed in me when I tell them I hate the stuff, they look at me with such confusion, almost questioning that I could possibly be Scottish at all!

You know what, Im going to try an Irish coffee. I love coffee with cream, so as long as its not too strong, maybe it will be a nice twist. Next time Im in a cafe, I will try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

djrichard wrote: »
    You know what, Im going to try an Irish coffee. I love coffee with cream, so as long as its not too strong, maybe it will be a nice twist. Next time Im in a cafe, I will try that.
    I hate whisky too...but an Irish coffee, done right is yuuuum!! Or failing that a Baileys coffee is fab too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Irish Coffee was ' invented ' in the 1940's by the head chef at Shannon Airport / Foynes Seaplane base for passengers during chilly stopovers.
    In those days transatlantic flying was for the very few and many of those who tried Irish Coffee were Hollywood stars thus ensuring the popularity of the drink.
    Dunno if Hollywood cats ever tried it !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Looks like he could be pals with JJ, drinking the left over milk from my cereal.

Photo195-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Well, I am glad to find that my cats are not the only ones doing this. They stick their heads right down the glass and I cannot leave a glass unattended, because if they can't get the head down far enough they'll stick in their paws and eventually the glass will topple over....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

My cat always drank the end of the milk in my dad's cereal bowl nearly every morning. If I ever left a cup of tea on the floor he would try to drink it. and a few times my mam has been woken up in the middle of the night to find Shay drinking out of the glass of water on her bedside locker. LOL
    Cats are hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My cat likes to try to lick the foam off the top of a fresh pint, bad kitty :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Here one of mine doing the same, although her favourite is tea.
    3006050.jpg

I got a resuce cat just over a month ago and he is so dog like, he pretty much jumps into your mouth trying to get food, he will eat anything including chocolate, crisps well anything really. He is also partial to a tipple of wine now and again:) Poor thing he had a really bad start to life so we have been making allowances for now, prob the wrong thing to do when he starts to be treated like the rest:/

My cat's new favourite drinking spot is... the toilet! Ugh! I wish they would go back to drinking from the glasses! I'm thinking of buying one of those drinking fountains that continuously pumps water to keep it moving to entice them to a different water source... so expensive though!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

And I thought it was just my cat ^^
    She has plenty of water but comes to drink from my glass. Although recently she switched to drink from the tap in the tub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

My cat's new favourite drinking spot is... the toilet! Ugh! I wish they would go back to drinking from the glasses! I'm thinking of buying one of those drinking fountains that continuously pumps water to keep it moving to entice them to a different water source... so expensive though!

Keep an eye on zooplus, they have offers on them from time to time, keep an eye on the other sites too not just the .ie one. I have the blue drinkwell one, got it for less than €30 I think, although they do filters they are not necessary so theres no ongoing costs except the electricity. Fairly quiet aswell once you place it on a towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My old cat Ziggy used to love drinking tea from my cup when it was gone cold. Tried giving her tea in her bowl but no it had to be from a cup:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Our cat will only drink from a bowl in the sink.Its one of those red bowl's that Christmas pud comes in. One day while i was filling it she jumped up beside me and got in the sink and started drinking it where it was overflowing. Queue 3 months of having to leave the water running every time she wanted a drink. On the plus side it did stop the pipe freezing last winter because the flow was always on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Clever cat LOL

Advertisement