Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability Allowance when working

• 27-12-2011 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently got a job at a newly opened pharmacy.

I am also on the disability allowance which limits my work hours.

Does anyone know how many hours I am allowed to work?

I know if I go over the limit I lose my DA and I can't let this happen.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Congratulations on getting a job... Well done...

Does this help???...

About halfway down the page is a paragraph titled 'Income from Work'...

Darth...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You are allowed to work a maximum of 19 and a half hours a week,you must have a written dispensation from the dept before you start work.

this might be the missing link http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/disability_allowance.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently got a job at a newly opened pharmacy.

I am also on the disability allowance which limits my work hours.

Does anyone know how many hours I am allowed to work?

I know if I go over the limit I lose my DA and I can't let this happen.

Thanks

It should be up to 19 hours to work and you will not be paid more than €120 if you need to keep your full DA. I know how you feel about losing your full DA, I have been on DA for years, because it gives me better advantages such as Free Travel Pass, medical card and fuel allowance etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

mp22 wrote: »
    You are allowed to work a maximum of 19 and a half hours a week,you must have a written dispensation from the dept before you start work.

this might be the missing link http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/disability_allowance.html

I have already started work but haven't informed the dept.

I assume it be wise to do so asap?

I doubt I will be able to work any more than 10 hours due to college commitments so I'll try and not worry too much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes you would be very wise to do so,just after you get a letter from your GP stating that the work is of a therapeutic nature,you write a cover letter which states the number of hours you will be working,pay rate,employers registered number ect.

Oh and in the mean while stop working as you will be committing fraud when doing so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement