Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano/Violin/Saxophone teacher wanted

Options
  • 27-12-2011 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Piano/Violin/Saxophone teacher wanted in China
    Hi Everyone, not sure if this is a right place to post this ad, I am from China and was in Dublin for 9 years, I used to Teaching piano in Dublin , here was my website www.keyipianolesson.com. I went back to China this year and establish a music school in my hometown, the city is called Jinan, the Capital of Shandong , we are currently looking for Piano/Violin/Saxophone teachers on a contract basis, I know it is not unusual that new graduations would like to Travel around the world after they finish the college, or someone would like travel also for career break, why don’t you think about China. Please see all the details below. Please contact me at keyi.zhang01@gmail.com if you are interested.
    6 Month/1 Year or longer contract
    Experience China like never before! Immerse yourself in its culture, history and people as you teach and work in China and visit a variety of cities and historic sites.

Our unique Teach in China program offers you a great opportunity to experience Chinese culture, learn Chinese language, and make global friends as you just spend some hours a week to teach the instrument! Perfect accommodation, friendly local people, international air fare, nice local salary! From sipping tea with the locals to watching a dazzling Wushu performance in a sacred mountainous temple, you will experience China like you never thought possible.
    What's Included in Our Programs
    • Competitive local salary for teaching positions
    • Free Teacher Training course if required
    • Excellent remuneration
    • Free comfortable accommodation
    • Free mandarin classes, social activities and art & culture programs
    • Free trip packages to Beijing and Jinan
    • Social activities and interaction with native Chinese speakers
    • Paid vacation and public holidays
    • Modern and fully equipped teaching facilities and classrooms
    • Experienced and professional staff provide continuous support and assistance
    • Extensive music teaching resources and materials available
    • Free Emergency Travel and Medical Insurance
    • Free onsite facilities including Teacher's Lounge, Internet and computer access, and more
    Program Information
    Our programs offer you the opportunity to teach music in one of the world’s most exciting countries.
    Features
    • Durations: 6 months to 1 year
    • Music Teachers for Piano/Violin/Saxophone wanted
    • Teaching Location: Jinan City in Shandong Provence
    • Remuneration : €15,000-€20,000 per annual depends on experience , the average local salary is €4,500 per annual. This is a highly competitive local salary. The salary will commensurate with your teaching experience and your education background. Even the lowest salary is more than enough to live in China. In fact, you will be able to live a very comfortable and luxury life in China plus you will be provided with a free beautiful apartment.
    Who can apply?
    This program is open to candidates with or without teaching qualifications or experience, who fulfill the following requirements:
    • Native English speakers
    • More than 7 Years playing experience in Piano/Violin/Saxophone , or more than 3 years playing experience if you have Associate Degree in and/or BA/BS degree, new graduation student is preferred.
    • Open to foreign cultures and living abroad
    • Responsibility
    • Dedication to the full term of commitment
    • At least 1 year teaching experience required, part time or full time.
    Teaching Hours
    The standard workload is from 12 to 26 teaching hours a week. Extra teaching hours may be offered to teachers interested in earning additional income.
    Cost of Living in China
    A comparatively low cost of living in China makes Teaching English very attractive for school leavers, recent graduates, travelers, professional teachers and those looking for an eye-opening life experience.

English teaching abroad in China is a great way to see one of the most diverse and exciting parts of the world. The low cost of living compared to most western countries makes working as a teacher of English in China a great way to experience a completely new culture, learn a new language, or start a rewarding career in a fast growing international industry.

What is the cost of living in China?

If you have never been to China and live in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland then chances are you will be in for a pleasant surprise when you buy your food and goods. Even if you want to live in one of China's major 'modern' cities like Shanghai or Shenzhen, you will have no problem living for a fraction of the price you are used to in your home country.

You can buy a healthy freshly cooked meal in China for less than $1.50 US. A local breakfast will cost you $0.50 to a $1.00 US!

Keep in mind that the vast majority of China's populations are peasants. An average wage in China is still only around 600-800 RMB per month, with which people feed and house their family and often extended family - as a teacher you will get a minimum of 3000 RMB per month plus accommodation. If the price of food in China was to rise too high too quickly, millions of people would starve, chances are there would be chaos and the communist party would be ousted quicker than you can get a visa. The government is not about to let that happen. The government knows how potentially volatile the situation could be which is partly why official exchange rates are fixed and there are limitations on foreign investment and the outflow of hard foreign currency. Even if you want to teach in a major city like Shanghai, Shenzhen or Beijing, your cost of living in China is going to be very cheap.

Here is an indication of the sort of prices - in Chinese RMB - you would pay in a supermarket (a place where the rich shop) in one of China's more modern cities. These prices are indicative only, the actual price in smaller cities and local markets are likely cheaper. These prices are in Chinese RMB - use the currency converter to estimate your local equivalent.

Beverages:

Can of Coke/soft drink: 2.20, can of Chinese beer: 2.40, bottled water: 2.50, can of fruit juice: 3.00, Chinese spirits: 7.00 per liter, 1 liter Chinese beer: 3.50, Chinese tea is free in most places you eat.
    Fresh produce:
    beef: 4.00/kg, chicken: 5.00/kg, fish: 5.00/kg, tomatoes: 2.00/kg, mandarins: 3.00/kg, beans: 1.5/kg, mushrooms: 1.8kg
    Clothing and Linen:
    *China is the biggest worldwide exporter of clothing and linen products, chances are most of the clothing you are wearing now was made in China, everything is available cheaply so don't go overboard packing. A duvet: 40.00, 3 pairs of socks: 10.00, bath sandals: 10.00, women's stockings: 4.00, sheepskin bed cover: 70.00
    Laundry:
    1kg washing powder: 2.50, washing detergent: 3.00
    Please Contact Keyi.zhang01@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ananlin

I hope I did not post anything not allowed here .....if so please let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Joneslady

Is this opportunity still open?

Advertisement