Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to Fly

Options
  • 27-12-2011 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Goodbye Boards.

It has been fun. I would like to thank most of you for helping me pass some very lonely times.

And before any great wit replies with the now customary "who?",this is for the one's that made me smile, LOL and question my beliefs on issues I thought I was staunch in, thank you.

All the best in 2012 and good luck with whatever dreams you may want to attain. For me the dreams are just not enough, I need now to actually attain that higher level.

Take care of eachother.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sounds ominous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Goodbye and thanks for the fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He left his jacket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Am I the only one that is a bit worried perhaps at some of his chosen words and how they could be understood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Biggins wrote: »
    Am I the only one that is a bit worried perhaps at some of his chosen words and how they could be understood?

Judging by his past few posts I'd be worried about his intentions alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Biggins wrote: »
    Not any more.

I didn't interpret it that way at all tbh but you are right, the language is ambiguous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This thread has now taken a very creepy turn...

All the best Kasabian if you happen to see this

Thread title didn't inspire confidence either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Never did find out if Kasabian was a man or a woman...

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Thread title didn't inspire confidence either.

Aye, thats a possible worry too.
    I hope I'm totally stupid and wrong to be worried.

Kasabian, unsure as to whether or not you can read this - but there is always hope. Nothing is ever lost, even in the low times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I read it as "Get off boards and start making positive changes" - well thats what I hope he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Hope all is okay Kasabian.

Good luck with the rest of your life, things will get better.

Does anybody know Kasabian at all? I wonder if there should be a site announcement, just to check.

But then again, the problem with doing site announcements like that is that it'd be setting a bad precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Does anybody know Kasabian at all? I wonder if there should be a site announcement, just to check.

But then again, the problem with doing site announcements like that is that it'd be setting a bad precedent.

I reported the op earlier. Hopefully an admin can check out details not accessible to us and do something more constructive than posting here and pm ing Kasabian which I'm sure I'm not the only one to do.

I've created a thread here to try and clarify boards' policy regarding issues like this.

Alas, I can somewhat see threads like this happening more and more, so perhaps it's important to clarify it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The account is now closed, so should be this thread :)

I wish you well Kasabian, you should know there are always folks willing to be there when things aren't looking so well. That's the boards way, we look out for each other :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The OP closed his account, move on it's the internet. Some people like to make a grand exit. Knowing Kasabian he is probably having a good laugh at this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hondasam wrote: »
    The OP closed his account, move on it's the internet.

Ironic considering your post count and usual condesending posts.

Gl Kasabian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The OP closed his account, move on it's the internet.
    People are concerned and wish to express it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ghost of Kasabian

Kasabian is fine and will be for a long time.

OP, was never intended to be anything other than a goodbye.
    Procrastination on boards has held me back on achieving my goals, an oppurtuinity has fallen in my lap which I have decided to take up. It means a move and a lot mre professional responsibility hence the thread title and OP.

Apologies if it seemed ambigious to some. Yes I am a lonely soul but I have learned to live with it, this was evident in my posts sometimes but it is nothing that would cause me to do something drastic.

I will just be lonely in another place now and who knows what oppurtuinities these new surroundings will bring.

Good-bye again.

Mods sorry about the re-reg but I felt it was merited. I will close this account also.

Take care.

P.S Goodbye threads, as URL said should be banned.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Good luck with the new job/responsibilities!

All the best Kasabian.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Cheers Kasabian, all the best in the future & thanks for starting this teacup storm....

*resists rolleyes smiley*

:)

nuxxx wrote: »

Gl Kasabian

what has my post count got to do with it ?

Kasabian has now posted he is ok, everyone can relax and stop over reacting.

nuxxx wrote: »

Gl Kasabian

what has my post count got to do with it ?

Kasabian has now posted he is ok, everyone can relax and stop over reacting.
    Stop being an idiot, being worried about someone because of a suspicious post isn't over reacting, christ.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Stop being an idiot, being worried about someone because of a suspicious post isn't over reacting, christ.

There was nothing suspicious about the post, he could have pm'd someone to say he was closing his account instead of the dramatic exit.
    He obviously checked to see the reaction to his post and decided to put the record straight.

On that note Kasabian good luck I know you will see this and will know what I mean x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not sure why biko moved this thread here, but bye Kasabian, hope you enjoy the other bulletin boards out there on the internet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement