Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Klipsch Image One - €70.50

• 27-12-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hi all.

Got an email from grabone.ie that they're selling the Klipsch Image One for €65 + shipping.
    I don't have much/any experience with headphones, and I'm wondering if these would be a good place to start?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Nobody have any insights no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Never heard them but from reading opinions they're meant to be very bass heavy so depending on what you listen to they could be good or bad. If you listen to a lot of rap and other bass heavy genres then they could be a good fit. Another attractive point is they are iphone compatible. A word of warning is that the bass isn't considered very good:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11

The reviewer doesn't review it but mentions it by way of comparison several times:
    Consumer-friendly levels of bass emphasis a-la Klipsch Image One....
    ....the dreadfully bassy Klipsch Image One....
    ....can nearly match the bass quantity of the Klipsch Image One but sounds much cleaner, more detailed, and more controlled....
    ....only the Klipsch Image One can match the D1100 in bass quantity, but it does so at the expense of speed and clarity....
    There are many ways to tune for consumer-friendly sound. One is to offer tons of bass and bother with little else; example: Klipsch Image One...

€70 isn't a bad price for them since the cheapest amazon.co.uk charged for them is £70. I can't think of any headphones for a similar price at present that have the compatible apple controls. If you can forgo the apple controls, read up on the Creative Aurvana Live! or have a read through the above link for ideas.

Soarer wrote: »
    Hi all.

Got an email from grabone.ie that they're selling the Klipsch Image One for €65 + shipping.
    I don't have much/any experience with headphones, and I'm wondering if these would be a good place to start?

Thanks guys.

A freind just got a pair, they are a nice pair of headphones. Good build quality and sound, a bit punchy on the bass but I like that. They are a bargain at that price.

Beware though that they are made for apple products and they dont work with alot of other phones etc. They worked on my kindle tablet and Denon amp with an adaptor but not my sony android phone.

Advertisement