Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild West 13.1 Trail Run, Killarney - 25/02/2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

I would love to do that race, but one week before Ballycotton? Seriously? Could they not have put it on maybe one week earlier?

damn, forgot about that, bad timing alright. ive entered both now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Why is it on the Sunday? :( It was on a Saturday last year, wasn't it?

would one actually need trail runners for this, there seems to be quiet a bit on road?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Poc ar Buile

jfh wrote: »
    would one actually need trail runners for this, there seems to be quiet a bit on road?

The majority of the race is on trail with the first mile or so on a tough uphill as you leave Kenmare (on the road). There is one section in particular around Torc Falls that is fairly mucky and I was thankful for my trail runners on that part last year! Another tricky section is running along the railway sleepers where some serious concentration is required. Last year I reckon the split between road and trail shoes was 50/50 as a lot of the trail is dry dirt track and grip is entirely necessary (weather dependent)!

route change on this it seems, anyone know if there's a big difference in terrain, it's now a 15 mile race going from killarney to Kenmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Poc ar Buile

Looks like some fairly substantial changes alright. 50% 'country' roads and 50% on the original trail. Starting at Molls Gap going via The Black Valley, Lord Brandon's Cottage and Killarney's Upper Lake. Should still be a good scenic race getting the road section out of the way first before finishing on some savage trail.

Exact details on Runireland - http://www.runireland.com/active/all-events

IF THIS MAKES THE RACE IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOME WE WILL BE HAPPY TO REFUND
    as per the latest route change info.

anyone else try to get a refund on this, met with stony silence so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 templecal

if it is starting at molls gap, can we register there or is it in Kenmare.

i have just seen now that you need to register in kenmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 celeniu

I have tried to contact organisers 4 times on facebook and PM but no response yet.The lack of communication is annoying to say the least.

• Advertisement

i have emailed them just to make sure they have my entry as i did not receive any conformation but no reply back

Hi Templecal,
    May I suggest you print off your email confirmation of your race entry which should contain the order number and bring that with you....just in case....

Stall d ball...all is forgiven.I have just received an email from organisers outlining where to collect race number and goody bags etc.

Roll on Sunday.

i didnt get any conformation email of my entry but i have received the email last night and the payment was taken so i presume i am in there.

Hi Templecal
    I entered using runireland and got a confirmation email.Did you use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

James Doran won that race, but looking for the results if anybody has them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

locteau wrote: »
    James Doran won that race, but looking for the results if anybody has them please.

Results are here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/runninginireland/results-of-the-wild-west-trail-run-sun-24th-feb-2013

Loads of pics here too.www.munsterrunning.blogspot.ie
    Scroll down till you find the event.Excellent route.still buzzing after it.

Advertisement